Page 3 of 142 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Snow??

Re: Snow??

Plenty here, just measured 9 cms on the Bonnet of the car, not quite as much on the ground but still snowing. Of the 5 schools closed or opening late due to the 'Road Conditions' 4 of them are within a mile of my house and 2 within 150m.

My daughter left for school at 7.30am ( her usual time) to get to her school on the far side of Sheffield. she's had no problems other than having to go in wellies. why do schools close so easily looking forward to tonights big dump.....of snow
    I might get my x country skiis out and go for trip up on to Howden edge
    Last edited by IanDarkpeak; 02-02-2009 at 09:09 AM.

We've got snow!

Disco stan was saying yesturday that it shows everywhere in the country but not Preston......not today.

My first and last lecturer wont be able to get in because they've told us in the past that they live out in the sticks and if it snows they wont come in.
    So that means i'd be going in for one really crap lecture where thr guys chats shite for an hours, and then a dizzy woman rants on about law.
    Doubt my mums guna agree that theres no point going in -i need more sleep, still knackered from yesturday ha.

Plenty over here, most had fallen by 3am. So school's closed, kids will be at home and plenty more forecast for tonight. Start of Mickleden is only 3 miles from here - would have been a different story if the race was this morning!

Quote Originally Posted by jodg View Post
    Plenty over here, most had fallen by 3am. So school's closed, kids will be at home and plenty more forecast for tonight. Start of Mickleden is only 3 miles from here - would have been a different story if the race was this morning!
    wouldn't that have been fun

Keep me posted on the conditions up there Jan as I'm training tonight up your way and don't fancy get stuck up there. Mind you I could walk over and crash at your place? Room for any one in the barn?

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by jodg View Post

Start of Mickleden is only 3 miles from here - would have been a different story if the race was this morning!
    I was just thinking the same!

Reasonable covering here on the edge of the Dales
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Banned

Stainland to keighley, roads had a bit of snow on but some places very icey.
    Temp was -3 all way.

Sitting in a nice warm office, the snow looks very nice falling outside. Made even warmer watching the estates man outside with a snow shovel clearing the paths from the car park to one of the entrances to the hospital. He is doing a cracking job of it.
    www.vlaevents.co.uk Fancy something different?

Keighley - a bit too near lancashire for comfort

Snow here but not heavy, roads and schools open, got up at 5 to travel to brum, but roads here were covered at that time and travel watch said M1 and M6 had dangerous driving conditons in the mids so went back to bed.

Am hosting a conference tommorrow with the main speakers coming from the SW, so did not want to get to brum to find everything called and and me stranded. I shall wait to see what the day brings. First thing is to dog walk in the snow.

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    Keep me posted on the conditions up there Jan as I'm training tonight up your way and don't fancy get stuck up there. Mind you I could walk over and crash at your place? Room for any one in the barn?
    You're always welcome Ian!

Problem up here is we always get a lot of drifting. And as it's forecast to snow (on and off) up until midnight I'll be passing on the wee winter league race tonight. I think the worst of the snow is predicted for tonight....

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    I was just thinking the same!

Reasonable covering here on the edge of the Dales
    Did you have a good run out yesterday Andrew? Would've been a real nightmare run out this am unless you're good at striding over snow. I did hear from an old hand that one year the Mickleden race was changed on account of terrible weather and became a simple run to Cut Gate and back.

Well, don't know how "simple" it would have been that is....