Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Tights

Re: Winter Tights

Nike 'Dry Fit' 3/4 length 'capri' tights - come just below the knee. No clammy wet material flapping round your calfs and they dry mega-quick. Around £25/28 at Pete Bland's

Re: Winter Tights

Quote Originally Posted by parajon View Post
    Bought myself some Nike winter weight tights and there excellent and have been looking for a second pair in medium, but can't find a stockist, anyone have any other reccomendations please??
    I've got a pair of Nike Dri-Fit tights in medium, barely used. you can have them for a fiver, posted.

PM me if you're interested.

Which winter weight tights..

Any suggestions?
    Impossible is nothing!
    My blog

Re: Which winter weight tights

This is an important thread (thanks, Stef F). I do hope it gets lots of replies.
    Begin afresh, afresh, afresh.

Most of the time I settle for Nike Dry-Fit 3/4 length "Capris" ( no wet / cold material clinging to your calfs ) in conjunction with Helly Hansen wind panel Y fronts (helps stop the tortoise from hibernating ) and long(ish) ( almost top of the calf ) length SealSkin socks. I used them on Thursday night for a 2 hour 'head torcher' around Clougha Pike in 3 cm of snow ( on the shooting tracks ) and quite a 'bracing' breeze - must have been around -3*C. For really dire conditions I have a pair of full length tights by Callange ( a small Stockport company ) in Malden Mills' PowerStretch fleece; most of the time they are only suitable for walking, far too hot to run (fast) in; would probably be ok for something like a full-on winter BG in arctic conditions.
    Last edited by wheezing donkey; 05-12-2010 at 10:51 PM.

it'd have to be really cold for my standard issue running tights not to be warm enough, but if it was I'd just stick helly hansen lifa leggings underneath - better for wicking sweat than having thick tights on

Banned

I have recently been recommended X-Bionic kit.
    Running Tights
    Its meant to be the business.

Love my Gore BikeWear bib tights for when it's really cold and there's going to be some deep snow trudging... although they're meant for biking, they don't have a pad in and are great for long and steady stuff in the cold.

Quote Originally Posted by nikalas View Post
    Love my Gore BikeWear bib tights for when it's really cold and there's going to be some deep snow trudging... although they're meant for biking, they don't have a pad in and are great for long and steady stuff in the cold.
    i use my Lycra bib tights quite often as well.
    in this snowy weather also used a pair of cheap running bottoms from Aldi. they have been fine

If it's really cold and there's a chance I'll be running through deep snow I wear a pair of North Face thermal long-john type tights. I don't think they're meant for running, more thermo-nuclear undercrackers, but they're dead light, warm and dry very quickly. A snip at £15, though they might've been on sale. Interesting to note that they are "Fly/Odour resistant". Useful if you're plagued by flies in that department. A link to the men's version below... I'm sure they'll do a women's too.

http://uk.thenorthface.com/tnf-uk-en...tml?colour=592

Pretty sure my girlfriend uses some Craft leggings. Pretty cheap and she swears by them.
    Geoff Clarke