Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Winter Tights

Re: Winter Tights

The advantage of Trackster type trousers against tights is that they can be rolled up to form capris if one should get too hot, and then rolled down for standing at the bus stop after the run.
    Begin afresh, afresh, afresh.

While we're about it, can anyone recommend winter weight/thermal capris? I have a wonderful pair of New Balance ones bought several years ago but can't find the same anywhere now. My lightweight capris are getting too flimsy for this weather and I don't really like the wet, clammy feel around my lower legs of tights or tracksters when they get wet - though I do resort to tracksters over the lightweight capris when it gets several degrees below zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Latege View Post
    While we're about it, can anyone recommend winter weight/thermal capris? I have a wonderful pair of New Balance ones bought several years ago but can't find the same anywhere now. My lightweight capris are getting too flimsy for this weather and I don't really like the wet, clammy feel around my lower legs of tights or tracksters when they get wet - though I do resort to tracksters over the lightweight capris when it gets several degrees below zero.
    I don't know if this will work for you, but I long ago gave up trying to find shorts of the right length and began buying cheap tracksters and cutting them to suit. The off cuts make useful side pockets. I am working on a pair of capris by the same method, but haven't finished them so can't say how successful they are. If they are unsatisfactory I shall just cut off some more and have another pair or shorts.
    Begin afresh, afresh, afresh.

Re: winter tights

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandra View Post
    Could any suggestions include info on whether the tights have ankle zips? I dislike them but most tights do seem to have them, and it's not always clear from the ads.
    Decathlon do running tights without ankle zips.

Skins do thermal tights, no ankle zips.
    Not cheap though.
    Hills and Guinness!

T K Maxx have some NB tights in at the moment for about 15 quid, no zips at the ankles. Some other NB stuff as well. Always worth checking TK Maxx out.

just got some karrimor tights with a wind proof and brushed inner panel from just above the knee upto the waist so protects front qauds and the wind sensitive region. back of the knees has vent panels and zips on ankles (sorry alexandra ). havent run in them yet but was a good fit when i tried them on. from soccer sport £14.99. had womens too.

I've dropped a few hints here and there, and i'm confident of unwrapping a pair of these beauties ready for Wansfell...

Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

If I had that to unwrap don't think I'd get much running in for a while :-))))

I've been on the fence with her for ages. She was my wallpaper for a few weeks, but i reached the conclusion that i'm only obsessed with her from the neck down and went back to Emma Hawkins off 4 rooms. Pixie looks really nice in those fancy tights (yep, still on thread) though, it's like you're seeing something you shouldn't be.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent