Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hpm: 2009

Hpm: 2009

Anyone looking for a team member for this event in March?

Haven't done it before, done bits of ultra stuff (Paddy Buckley, WHW etc) and know the Peak fairly well, now have that weekend free.

Being Picky, not interested in being out too long so looking for a team who would be looking to do 12 hrs, possibly a bit quicker.

Cheers

Iain

Re: Hpm: 2009

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    Anyone looking for a team member for this event in March?

Haven't done it before, done bits of ultra stuff (Paddy Buckley, WHW etc) and know the Peak fairly well, now have that weekend free.

Being Picky, not interested in being out too long so looking for a team who would be looking to do 12 hrs, possibly a bit quicker.

Cheers

Iain
    Iain, you should be looking at much faster than that! You'd be bored to tears at 12 hour pace.

The team I organised last year, but I broke my arm shortly before, did 10:55 so reckon I'd have been OK with them. Main thing is I don't want to be out 16-17 hrs in the cold. Just want time on my legs (but not too long) and experience the event, this year it fits in the schedule pretty well.

Hope your knee's all sorted now.

PMd you Iian
    Tao begets one. One begets two. Two begets all things.

The team I organised last year, but I broke my arm shortly before, did 10:55 so reckon I'd have been OK with them. Main thing is I don't want to be out 16-17 hrs in the cold. Just want time on my legs (but not too long) and experience the event, this year it fits in the schedule pretty well.

Pretty well thanks Iain, just lost a bit of fitness over the past couple of months.

Have fun on the HPM. You'll be part of a good team if you join Grouse. His team were a bit ahead of yours last year.

Cheers Grouse, replied via PM earlier.

Not a bad time of year to be laid up though Marvin, better to be injured now than in May, plenty of time to get back for the summer.

Not the best timing Iain. you even missed the recce We didn't get in (Marvin, Me, Daz, MickS) but I still might be out on the route camping with Andy If he's still up for it.

Ian

Well not being a peak local I finally got to see the route in all its glory today - its just an extended loop of the Edale valley then really! Having not really taken my entry for this too seriously until today I am now totally excited and can't wait. I reckon I'll do the mileage okay but I'm expecting that the weather to upset the apple cart a bit

And the bog monster.
    I'm gonna get that cwazy gwouse...

Me and a team mate had a "dry" run for HPM in the Borders at the weekend, starting at 11pm and out for 8 hours. Think the only thing missing was the bog monster, otherwise it replicated the conditions perfectly: blowing a gale, torrential rain and no moon the whole time. I'd forgotten how difficult it is to run at that time of day!