Page 3 of 209 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Anniversary Waltz

Re: Anniversary Waltz

I'm in - plus doing Allendale the week before and 3 Peaks the week after (and probably my funeral the week after !!) . I am competitive but don't have the talent to be so - just getting round will be reward enough. As this is all done from Haddington, 20 miles east of Edinburgh I am deep into carbon deficit country.

AW is a great race but last year with 600 runners it was a bit of a jamboree. As it is not a championship this year it should be more of a good old Lakeland country gathering.

See you there.

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by Grit Britain View Post
    Unfortunately I take everything seriously, hence the dilema, although that's not reflected in my results!

I'm still to do a race in the lakes which is another reason why I really fancy it.

Knowing that other folk are doing both is encouraging, I best join in too.

Travelling from Derbyshire to all these races - I'm never going to be carbon neutral!
    you will enjoy it

Quote Originally Posted by Bob the Dog View Post
    I'm in - plus doing Allendale the week before and 3 Peaks the week after (and probably my funeral the week after !!) . I am competitive but don't have the talent to be so - just getting round will be reward enough. As this is all done from Haddington, 20 miles east of Edinburgh I am deep into carbon deficit country.

AW is a great race but last year with 600 runners it was a bit of a jamboree. As it is not a championship this year it should be more of a good old Lakeland country gathering.

See you there.
    BTD - you sound strangely familiar - do you loup around the lammermuirs dreaming of QPR?!
    Last edited by Deeko; 03-03-2007 at 03:35 PM. Reason: bad spelling!

I'll be having a go at this one..... this will be my first Lakeland race. I'm not up to speed fitness wise but i should drag myself round

Quote Originally Posted by Deeko View Post
    BTD - you sound strangely familiar - do you loup around the lammermuirs dreaming of QPR?!
    Deeko

Blast there's my cover blown !!! Now perhaps you will let me know who you are jumping ship to? As you are aware I am off to Kielder for Grey Pike tomorrow - weather looking decidiely iffy. Assume you are doing AW in April?

Hi - just to let you all know the beer is ordered and the cakes are being decided, why are fell runners slim they have no right to be

nice one Wynn looking forward to doing this one, more cakes the better
    your shoes get so hot you wish your dam feet were fire proof

Quote Originally Posted by wynn View Post
    Hi - just to let you all know the beer is ordered and the cakes are being decided, why are fell runners slim they have no right to be

oooo cake!! what sort? not that it matters much, I'm not that fussy where cake is concerned!!

Quote Originally Posted by emmilou View Post
    oooo cake!! what sort? not that it matters much, I'm not that fussy where cake is concerned!!
    Never mind cakes, beer

How about double beer brother (or cakes sister) for sub-2hour runs...? (or is it just that them who finish early can grab them's for those that don't... ). Hey, good perfromance incentive though...? *

* Someone save me a beer and a cake can yus...
    ...there's a hill nearby missing its fool...