Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Combe

Re: Black Combe

Fair enough it might be 12 pounds but it still doesn't solve the issue I have of not knowing for definite where to send hte entry form to. I have a good idea from looking else where. Its like a secret society on this forum at times and it well pees me off.

Feet in the Cowclaps

Quote Originally Posted by detritus21 View Post
    Fair enough it might be 12 pounds but it still doesn't solve the issue I have of not knowing for definite where to send hte entry form to. I have a good idea from looking else where. Its like a secret society on this forum at times and it well pees me off.
    Click on the fellrunner.org.uk link at the bottom this page.
    Then go to 'join the FRA' at the top.
    You get this. The address is in the top right-hand corner.

david

Its like a secret society on this forum at times and it well pees me off.
    Those who have paid their annual membership are probably equally peed off by those who expect the benefit of membership without paying for it .

No. Just a regular society where you are supposed to be a member- to be a member.

Senior Member No map, no compass's Avatar

To paraphrase a popular current thread: fell running is all about self reliance on the fells

Ever heard of Google? Give it a go. Not a secret society at all, everything is out there, you just have to put a minimum of effort in.

Its not a secret society at all. The FRA is an association which represents fell runners and this forum is paid for and maintained by that association. I notice that you have been a forum member for at least a year so therefore you have taken advantage of the situation. Don't expect any sympathies from here.
    Now't wrong wi me, its t'others.

Talking Re: Black Combe

It may well annoy people but it still doesn't solve the fact that if I were to send my money off for joining the FRA and waited for my calender the race will be full and I will miss out. Alright I'm not a member its down to my poor lack of planning and I didn't want to join when I first started as I wanted to find out whether fell running was really what I wanted to do. 12 pounds isn't a lot of money but things do mount up. I've said before I pay 25 pound for my first claim club 30 pound for my second claim club. I'm in a car owners club which costs 25 pound. I have to pay best part of 400 pound a year out in CSP and HPC fees to practice as a physiotherapist to get 1.9% pay increase of the government. Before anyone says anything physio's get paid the same as nurses in teh NHS and remember how people feel that nurses are hard sone by. England Athletics now take 10 pound off what I pay to my club.

At the end of the day all I want to do is race. Ok its a championship race but I want to run against the best that there is to offer. Ok I may struggle to make the top 50 but as a reletive new comer to fell running I've got a lot to offer. Being only 24 and seeing as I was before I got injured one of the top ranking runners on the track and road as a junior. With the right direction which I now have I at some point I'll be up there (I hope). I am going to send my FRA form off but its going to be along with various entry forms etc.

I'm also not one just to do major races I'll do small and big doesn't matter to me but it just so happens that Black Combe fits in well for my preperations for the Three Peaks as does Winter Hill and Rivi Pike.

Alright maybe these reasons seem trivial but then I am a very trivial person. I'm sorry if I've offended anyone by asking as a "none member". I'll go and sulk in a corner now like a naughty boy

Senior Member No map, no compass's Avatar

Sounds like you need to join a different club, 25 and 30 quid sounds a lot to me, mine only charges £15, but then you don't get much for it, just the honour of running in a lovely green vest with a lot of other miserable old gits like me.

Its what I get for running for clubs that aren't into fell running but affiliate to UKA under fell running terms so under there situation I'm supposed to run for them unless anyone wishes to pull any strings like may have happenned before.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PeeJay View Post
    Its not a secret society at all. The FRA is an association which represents fell runners and this forum is paid for and maintained by that association. I notice that you have been a forum member for at least a year so therefore you have taken advantage of the situation. Don't expect any sympathies from here.
    Good answer Peejay