Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Today's illness

Re: Today's illness

Cheers chaps. I celebrated the end of fasting with a breakfast bap from the hospital canteen. Sausage, bacon egg & hash brown in a bap. Seems like they are drumming up business for the cardiac unit.
    Off to do the Calder Valley Round on Sunday with Farmer Jim the guitarist in Indie band Morain. He has been living the rock life style so we should be evenly matched.
    Heres to a better second third to 2011.

Master

Good to have a diagnosis. I can remember being told decades ago that recurrent shingles "doesn't happen" and usually turns out to be something else.

don't know what I picked up this weekend but totaly fatigued, no appetite, limbs /muscle ache, permanent head ache, fever and chills but no sickness, no runny nose, no dodgy stuff at the other end, very wierd.

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    don't know what I picked up this weekend but totaly fatigued, no appetite, limbs /muscle ache, permanent head ache, fever and chills but no sickness, no runny nose, no dodgy stuff at the other end, very wierd.
    Club mate of mine had similar symptoms a while back where he was struggling to run and had no energy at all and it turned out he had really low iron levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Furness View Post
    Club mate of mine had similar symptoms a while back where he was struggling to run and had no energy at all and it turned out he had really low iron levels.
    doubt it's that, I take a vitamin supliment any way and I've been at friends house where they eat hardly anything but red meat! pretty certain it's bug jim but not as I know it.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    IDP

I have had this same symptons too for a week now main problem is tredness and a sore throat. i am wondering if it might be an allergy, hay fever type thing and wondering if all that yellow stuff in the fields could be part of the cause?

Quote Originally Posted by Corniceman View Post
    IDP

I have had this same symptons too for a week now main problem is tredness and a sore throat. i am wondering if it might be an allergy, hay fever type thing and wondering if all that yellow stuff in the fields could be part of the cause?
    not thought of an allergy but breathing seems ok, never had asthma or suffered from hay fever as far as I know

oooh not that I think it's related to your probs IDP but I've had some breathing problems this week and had to take my inhaler a couple of times (which is unusual) and I've wondered whether there was a grain of truth in the "smog" warning that was all over the news. Food for thought....

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Furness View Post
    Sorry to hear that Latege, hope you get well soon.

My Crohn's has reared it's ugly head again sadly and it looks like I'm going to have to have some sort of operation :thunbdown: Latest scan showed all sorts of problems so not looking forward to that. Fingers crossed it's not too bad

I read an article in New Scientist (Number 2824 6 August 2011) recently. There's lots of stuff about it if you Google it as well. I was going to point a good mate of mine who has Crohn's at it and I remembered you posting on it as well Rob. Helminth treatment! It sounds a bit unpleasant and I don't think you can get it on the NHS? but it works for some people apparently. The Helminths secrete a substance to reduce the effect of the host's immune system in the bowel (so they won't get attacked). As it is a persons immune system attacking the bowel lining in Crohn's then it also reduces its effect as well ! The helminths can be removed any time you want by normal anti helminth drug treatment or "worming" as its more crudely known.
    No country for old men.

Cheers Alf, I have heard of that before. Might be an option in the future if things are still bad. Fairly stable at the moment but bit of a worry.
    @Hill_Runner on twitter