Thread: Rogue nurofen

Exclamation Rogue nurofen

Just picked up this warning on Grough
    http://www.grough.co.uk/magazine/201...relief-packets
    "Outdoors enthusiasts nursing aches and pains have been warned that some batches of a well known painkiller may contain the wrong drugs.

The official Government body that oversees the safety of medicines said some packets of Nurofen Plus had been found to contain an anti-psychotic drug instead of the correct pain relief tablets.

The Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency said three instances of packets containing Seroquel XL had been found in pharmacies across the UK and warned the public to be vigilant.

The rogue drugs are in the form of large capsule-shaped 50mg tablets, which can be identified by their gold and black packaging, whereas Nurofen Plus tablets are smaller and in silver and black packaging.

Nurofen Plus, which contains the analgesic and anti-inflammatory ibuprofen along with codeine, an opioid, can only be dispensed in the presence of a pharmacist. Prescription-only Seroquel XL is used to treat several illnesses such as schizophrenia, mania and bipolar depression."

Pass the word
    “The higher we soar, the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly.”

Geoff Cox Lonsdale Fellrunners

Re: Rogue nurofen

Cue people having slurred speech and dizziness and seeing things. Welcome to my mad,mad world.
    They called me mad and i called them mad and damn them they outvoted me !!!.