Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2006 personal running stats

56 races for me, split fairly equally between Fell / Road and Xc/Trail. Thats my 1st full year running and spent a good bit of it dealing with newbie niggles and injuries as my body progressively got stronger.

This year focussing on quality not quantity!

1 team prize all year!
    Smile on the way up, scream on the way down!

2036 miles (1961 last year), 33 races

year started off very well, but was ill end feb start march for 3 weeks. came back well initially, but didnt race well during summer despite training well. all of september out with nasty chest problems, doing OK now, lets see what 2007 holds...
    'That's what you get when you suffer - you get results'

Quote Originally Posted by Dew Claw Lassalle View Post
    I did 506 hours of training/racing.......about 15% cycling 85% running (mainly off road) absolutely no idea how many miles that is!!!!!! 40 races for the year
    85% running would be 430 hours.
    You're the guy from the Walsh advert so you must be pretty darn quick...
    If you run 6 and a half minute miles on average you'd have done just short of 4000 miles. If you run at about 7 minute miles that's 3700 miles.

2803 miles running with 439000 feet plus an additional 343 miles fell walking with 89000 feet of climbing.

10 Races plus LDWA 100 plus two Bob Graham rounds

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dew Claw Lassalle
    I did 506 hours of training/racing.......about 15% cycling 85% running (mainly off road) absolutely no idea how many miles that is!!!!!! 40 races for the year

85% running would be 430 hours.
    You're the guy from the Walsh advert so you must be pretty darn quick...
    If you run 6 and a half minute miles on average you'd have done just short of 4000 miles. If you run at about 7 minute miles that's 3700 miles.

Crowhill,
    Just looked back to 2002 as my training was all cycling then (and it doesn't wreck your legs as much) my yearly total was 636 hours! 2003 was 591 hours.... 2004 was 473 hours (i started running this year) 2005 was 398 hours (did a lot of races) 2006 was 506 hours! I just like training!

This thread has been just what I needed to tear myself away from Big Brother and do something slightly more constructive, like ploughing through dog eared scraps of paper to come to an approximaiton of my running stats for the last year. Of course, if I was really committed I would be outside now, doing a bit of training, but, well, its dark and wet. And my house is warm and dry, and this glass of wine is slipping down very nicely...

1403 miles
    of which 1016 were on the fells, 387 on the roads.

28 races, all but 2 on the fells.

it must be different in ambleside. Looking out of my window I can see blue sky. your message says it was postedthis afternoon. watching big brother in the afternoon sipping wine. Shame on you Lost in the clouds!

I took up fell runnin' cos I was sick to death of all the obsessing with miles-per-week and pb's that buzz around what passes for the brain of a roadie. So I'm glad to say I have not got an 'effin clue how far or how high I went last year except that it wasn't enough. But more importantly, what I did get was quality and enjoyable (most of the time!!). I would rather the question be 'What was the most memorable thing about last years running?' For me it was how bloody steep a familiar hill can be when you've spent the last 30 hours or so busily running up hills, pedalling like crazy and supping the odd pint in the company of 8 other lunatics.
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    I took up fell runnin' cos I was sick to death of all the obsessing with miles-per-week and pb's that buzz around what passes for the brain of a roadie. So I'm glad to say I have not got an 'effin clue how far or how high I went last year except that it wasn't enough. But more importantly, what I did get was quality and enjoyable (most of the time!!). I would rather the question be 'What was the most memorable thing about last years running?' For me it was how bloody steep a familiar hill can be when you've spent the last 30 hours or so busily running up hills, pedalling like crazy and supping the odd pint in the company of 8 other lunatics.
    There's a new thread just waiting to be started. Highlight of the running year? Far more interesting than miles and feet. The Snowdon Race for me....

undercover moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyBoy View Post
    There's a new thread just waiting to be started. Highlight of the running year? Far more interesting than miles and feet. The Snowdon Race for me....
    The highlight of my running year was mostly a walk.