Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 50@50 - the extra 8 peaks??

Re: 50@50 - the extra 8 peaks?

Brilliant, thanks for the clarification FSS, my misunderstanding/lack of knowledge, sorry. I really appreciate that info, thats really useful.

The common theme, if I detect one, is that any criteria should be as robust as the criteria for the 24HFR, to ensure these type of extended round challenges are and remain meaningful.

Bob, how are you getting on with obtaining a full set of peak listings for all the 50 at 50 and similar rounds?

Might be helpful for us to get together and look over all the material you have to hand.

Any other views out there?

Morgan
    The only one who can tell you "You can't" is you. And you don't have to listen.

Quote Originally Posted by BGSec View Post
    The common theme, if I detect one, is that any criteria should be as robust as the criteria for the 24HFR, to ensure these type of extended round challenges are and remain meaningful.

Bob, how are you getting on with obtaining a full set of peak listings for all the 50 at 50 and similar rounds?

Might be helpful for us to get together and look over all the material you have to hand.

Any other views out there?

Morgan
    Would using Nuttalls not solve the problem.

But give you another with Scoat
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by BGSec View Post

Morgan
    Fairly certain on 9 out of the 15 - http://www.aqvi55.dsl.pipex.com/run/bgr_ext.htm.

It would seem that Don Talbot, Tom Sykes and Paul Murray did the same set as Ed Hill so that would be another two.

Taking a guess from a sentence on Mike Sadula's site, I reckon that both he and Dennis Lucas did: Lonscale Fell, Skiddaw Little Man; Hart Crag; Greatrigg Man; Pavey Ark; Loft Crag; Allen Crags; Scoat Fell.

That leaves, Ralph Stephenson (1994) and Lionel Howarth(1998). Anyone know them or of an account or report in an old Fellrunner mag? Or indeed if I've got anything wrong on the above page?

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Fairly certain on 9 out of the 15 - http://www.aqvi55.dsl.pipex.com/run/bgr_ext.htm.

It would seem that Don Talbot, Tom Sykes and Paul Murray did the same set as Ed Hill so that would be another two.

Taking a guess from a sentence on Mike Sadula's site, I reckon that both he and Dennis Lucas did: Lonscale Fell, Skiddaw Little Man; Hart Crag; Greatrigg Man; Pavey Ark; Loft Crag; Allen Crags; Scoat Fell.

That leaves, Ralph Stephenson (1994) and Lionel Howarth(1998). Anyone know them or of an account or report in an old Fellrunner mag? Or indeed if I've got anything wrong on the above page?

Bob
    I know one of Lionel's pacers, so I will quiz him to find out which extras he did.

Ed Hill's 50 included the 6 NW Fells and then Skiddaw Little Man and Scoat Fell. This is the round repeated by Don Talbot and Paul Murray amongst others.

For purposes of clarification, I've a copy of Don Talbots round (13/06/82) which indicates Don went for Pavey Ark & Scoat Fell rather than Skiddaw Little Man.

Ive also have a copy of a 50 round schedule, clockwise, starting at 18:15 with the name I. Blunk in bracketts at the top. Presumably this person was a pacer. This round includes Skiddaw Little Man & Scoat Fell. I wonder does anyone know this person & whom he/she might have been pacing?
    duncan

Quote Originally Posted by duncs View Post
    Ed Hill's 50 included the 6 NW Fells and then Skiddaw Little Man and Scoat Fell. This is the round repeated by Don Talbot and Paul Murray amongst others.

For purposes of clarification, I've a copy of Don Talbots round (13/06/82) which indicates Don went for Pavey Ark & Scoat Fell rather than Skiddaw Little Man.
    Sorry for getting Don Talbot's round wrong and it is better to have a document rather than a recollection.

From a PM from Duncan plus info from this thread, it seems that five out of the first six successes chose the same extra eight (with Ed Hill choosing Little Man rather than Pavey Ark) : Whiteless Pike; Wandhope; Eel Crag; Sail; Scar Crags; Causey Pike; Scoat Fell and Pavey Ark.

The exception was Alan Barber who split his extra eight into two groups: Lonscale Fell, Little Man, Little Calva, Bannerdale Crags; Pavey Ark, Loft Crag, Allen Crags, Scoat Fell.

If my supposition about Mike Sadula and Dennis Lucas is correct then there is a group of three (Yiannis is the other) who added the following: Lonscale Fell, little man, Hart Crag, Greatrigg Man, Pavey Ark, Loft Crag, Allen Crags, Scoat Fell.

The most recent three are all different both from each other and from previous lists.

The only top to have been included in all of the 50 @ 50s so far is Scoat Fell. Bakestall, Calfhow Pike and High Crag (between Nethermost Pike and Dollywaggon Pike) are each only in one set.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post

Bob
    i may have a paper copy of lionels.... i'll look
    When all else fails and your soul needs a lift - head to the hills

Bob

Had a shufti at Lionel Haworth's schedule today.
    He completed his 50 peak BG round, aged 53, on 22nd / 23rd July 1995.

His 8 extras were:

Lonscale Fell
    Skiddaw Little Man
    Little Calva
    Great Rigg
    Pavey Ark
    Loft Crag
    Allen Crags
    Scoat Fell