Thread: Dewsbury 10K

Dewsbury 10K

Will be doing this fast 10K on 4th Feb any other forumites doing it great course out & back similar to Leeds abbey dash

Re: Dewsbury 10K

I am hoping to be there, not done many 10k's (3 in fact) fell apart in the last 2km at Abbey Dash so hoping to be strong throughout this one.

Whats the course like? Its slightly uphill first 5km isn't it?

With 3 weeks to go before the race is there any key training I should do to not run out of steam or is it too late? Maybe I should stay off the beer the night before this time?!
    Smile on the way up, scream on the way down!

Tis indeed slightly uphill on the way out but not steep enough to make a difference in either direction. I nearly ran a 5k pb when I did it last set my 10k pb in the same race

Barely uphill. Basically flat fast and dull, and very tough if there's a wind blowing down the Batley canyons. On a good day though, the fastest course i've run. If you're lucky you might even get an accurate time - they have a history of cock-ups.

GA it's not really much of a climb you won't notice it, with the right wind direction it's a really good race to run you could probably do with keeping off the ale the night before this time hope to see you there

Quote Originally Posted by Saints Lad View Post
    GA it's not really much of a climb you won't notice it, with the right wind direction it's a really good race to run you could probably do with keeping off the ale the night before this time hope to see you there
    Ok, so with the right wind direction we should be in for a good run, there will be no beer before the race this time, maybe a few after though

I will be wearing my Ilkley vest so say hello if you see me. Met Detritus21 at Abbey dash before the race then saw him again as he avoided me wobbling about in the final Km and overtook me!

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Ankles View Post
    Ok, so with the right wind direction we should be in for a good run, there will be no beer before the race this time, maybe a few after though

I will be wearing my Ilkley vest so say hello if you see me. Met Detritus21 at Abbey dash before the race then saw him again as he avoided me wobbling about in the final Km and overtook me!
    Sure will GA if i see you i will introduce myself i will be wearing my East cheshire harriers vest

Great day for running, ran a perfect 51 / 49 split and got a pb of 34.09, to finish 29th.

No idea how I did it, must be the Edale miles paying off cos I have done no speed work for 2 months!

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Ankles View Post
    Great day for running, ran a perfect 51 / 49 split and got a pb of 34.09, to finish 29th.

No idea how I did it, must be the Edale miles paying off cos I have done no speed work for 2 months!
    just looked at the results, good time well done.

perfect conditions for it today it was great on the tops just shame i wasn't running.