Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Northern XC Champs

Re: Northern XC Champs

Quote Originally Posted by Average Punter View Post
    Saw Fetlock (or is she Mountain Goat now ) who looked to have a good run in the ladies race.
    Yes, spoke to her - she came 5th. Well done!
    Last edited by Swoop; 27-01-2007 at 08:33 PM.

Enjoyable day out... quite pleased with the run overall (201st I believe, just missed out on top 200 in the sprint finish!) - I agree that the muddy parts of the course were hard work, but that's what Cross Country should be, a mix of mud, hills, and 'runnable' sections.
    Well done to those who had good ones today - obviously RoadRunner winning, Bisto had a good one in 7th, but Pike had a stormer getting inside the first 100, Sparth Bottoms was ahead of me for about a lap (I only realised in the finishing funnels that I'd actually passed him!), Pudgy had a good one (good to see you at the end there Mate!)...
    You'll never Walk Alone!

Quote Originally Posted by Martins Mrs View Post
    Roadrunner won (again) & Track Fairy seemed to go well despite the mud!

Martin shouldn't have run, he's doing the LWA 24mile thingy near Kendal tomorrow so I hope he's not to knackered!
    It wasn't all that muddy. Compared with Witton Park the other week it was a delightfully manicured surface that wouldn't have disgraced Wimbledon, St Andrews and the outfield at Lords. The sort of place where the ability to run rather than flounder holds sway.

Congrats to all. I thought it was an excellent cross country course. Full of twists, turns, little climbs, sharp descent, some decent running and a good muddy section. RR a worthy winner once again. One day I'll hopefully get myself fit enough to try and follow those starts of his although I think Raven might have a had a chance at beating him if he'd taken the initiative earlier. Team win for my boys too - 5 in a row now

gutted i could't i couldn't run today, but i suppose things catch up with you sometimes. What a race it was too, well done jonsey, i thought raven would catch you at the end but you managed to hold him off.
    Tried to cheer as many of you as possible;
    Jones- confortable all the way through
    norman- 7th
    Deakin has a good race- top ten i think
    pike- top 100
    Sparth bottoms
    nick burke- did you catch owen, or did the smell put you off?
    DAnbert- concentrate on your own race and not on others
    Swoop

Well done everybody- i'll be back next year.
    Oh when the blues...go marching in...

Chaddy - sore subject, I was a bit gutted at the end, coz I put in a hard finish and Owen looked round with about 50M to go and just held me off - another 100M running and I would have got him. Still a big improvement on last years 248th.
    Hopefully we'll have you back in action before too long (maybe Woodbank in 2 weeks?).
    You'll never Walk Alone!

Well done Roadie i love it when a courageous front running approach wins the day.

Thanks for the support Chaddy and everyone else.. it was really appreciated.

Well done to the NOEAA i thought the course was a model cross country course. What does everyone reckon the distance was though, i've logged it as about 6 and 1/2 miles?

Particularly well done to TDMA and Wily Vet from the Glossopdale branch of the forum, who both had blistering runs today.

TDMA watch your back, i'm after you in Sunderland matey. If you're travelling up there in our care in the community battle bus, remember what happened to Alexander Litvinenko.
    To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

Well, it was a test, i'd give myself a C- really.
    Felt great first lap, but should have eased off instead of getting carried away. Was 80th after 1st lap which was too high - went beackwards from there on in, mud albsolutley crippled me, but I guess it was the same for everyone. Managed to stop going backwards on the last lap and redeemed myself slightly. More conservatism required in Sunderland and I may do better.

Agree with track fairy, great course, though why they advertise the race in the programme as a distance it clearly was not is beyond me - Danbert has it about right I reckon.
    Well done to all who ran today!
    'That's what you get when you suffer - you get results'

Cheers for the support today forum members. It was very much appreciated, especially when Raven was hunting me down ready for the kill It was, as you state Danbert, an exceptionally good XC course. Well done the the NoEAA. (Have I really just typed that!) Distance was rather shorter than stated as it only took me 33.35 for the race.

Wel done to all those who ran and participated today.

I noticed young Blue Haywod had a good run and Fetlock did. Well done all.

See you all at the Nationals.

Looking back it was fun! I beat the time I set myself and the course was a good one (apart from the really boggy bit at the back of the first field, that was just silly!) Met Swoop and the usual Brummy and Danbert (beating me) However, as I had fallen over last Wednesday and was covered in cuts and bruises and both knees were hurting, not bad really
    www.vlaevents.co.uk Fancy something different?

Lived in Old Glossop up to May 2007 - Now live in New Hampshire USA

Wink Re: Northern XC Champs