Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Northern XC Champs

Re: Northern XC Champs

reckon I could learn from you there Heather...just think I set out too fast always. Scared of getting into plodding and not being able to pick it up I guess

dont you think matt barnes run was possibly the most impressive of the day,to say he is from a track background.

It was a good run, and yes he is a track runner, but he also does his fair share of road races throughout the year. He trains hard and deserves such a good placing at the XC.

barnsey lives for running, and his preperation is very meticulous. He deserves the result considering how hard the lad trains.
    Oh when the blues...go marching in...

good to see that you guys have such respect for a fellow athlete.great run by yourself road runner ithink you have more to come this season ill be looking out for you at the national.chaddy dont you fancy being a man city fan.

Man City are naff. Chaddy supports a good team already.
    Respect for any athlete is just what I would expect from all people. Surely, anyone who trains hard, works hard, deserves respect for doing so. Barnsey is very dedicated (if not a little intense with it!)

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Man City are naff. Chaddy supports a good team already.
    If he supports a good team why does he have an OAFC badge as his avatar

Very true. Taking the people who finished in front of me I think most of them could tell some sort of story about personal sacrifice and effort in adversity.

e.g. RR - was something of an also ran at this level 4 or 5 years ago but has steadily reached the exceptional level he is at now, Barnes more of a track man who is now working harder than ever to tranlate that to longer distances, Dave Webb an average junior who has taken the bull by the horns and blossomed over the last year or two, Kim Critchley with a string of injury probs over the last few years, Bisto with his hernia op.
    Yes, certainly a great deal of respect for all of the above. That's not to say that I'm not annoyed that most of them beat me though as I'm sure I have it in me! But the whole point of sport is to respond to competition in the right way and I will now be following the example and training harder and better to try and improve next time. Thats why I keep coming back for more.

And I expect Preston to further expose City's naffness on the 18th of Feb. Live on BBC!

Quote Originally Posted by Track Fairy View Post
    And I expect Preston to further expose City's naffness on the 18th of Feb. Live on BBC!
    City will be ok. They've signed Michael Ball. Thank goodness they didn't go for Russell Watson!

We'll see how naff Oldham are on Saturday. If they don't beat us, they are in trouble...
    'That's what you get when you suffer - you get results'