Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Northern XC Champs

Re: Northern XC Champs

Quote Originally Posted by Timothydaltonmyarse View Post
    Will FF be bringing the Mars Bars for our teenage kicks on the ride up or would that make Life too Easy?
    hello TDMA - i'd say its likely as FF has always had a good heart

Quote Originally Posted by Sparth Bottoms View Post
    hello TDMA - i'd say its likely as FF has always had a good heart
    They can be hard to find these days Sparth

The park was ver different today. Not many people in it at 9am. Trained on the area where the race started. Still clearly see where the runners went in the race. Lovely and hard grund today with the hard frost we had over night.

Quote Originally Posted by fellhell View Post
    I'll be there as usual, just looking for a flu jab now, as that's all I'm going to come away with!
    Scrappy game, both sides weree as bad as each other, but we deserved to win. shame about wellens getting sent off, but what can you do.
    Top of the league till at least monday.
    Oh when the blues...go marching in...

I'm reeling.

Sadly not from the match.

The actions of a few morons have ruined my day.

Was sitting in a packed section of the away support at Oldaham with a spare seat to my right.At half time some knob came and sat next to me. The reason he is a knob is that 10 mins into the 2nd half he starting singing a song about trains and planes and bombs, and then along with a few other clowns dotted about 'town full of bombers' I could not believe my ears, given he was sitting next to me. i told him to shutup, only to recieve a faceful of abuse. My mum who was sitting to my left decided to report him to a steward. Given this was a full area of seating, no one else seemed to bat an eyelid, which looking back, is almost equally disgusting.
    At this point I became aware he had 2 cronies standing two rows behind, behind the seating totally, which shouldn't be allowed in the first place. I began to become the subject of their abuse, being called a c*** and a p****. Clearly they were in on the racism and did not like this being pointed out. I then had a argument with the moron to my right who tried to justfiy himself to me. The steward came and siad he had a racist incident reported to him. The prat denied it, at which point i said 'He won't be doing it again' and the steward said if he had another report he would be wjected from the ground.
    He was then pretty quiet, but his two mates then took over, abusing me personally in the main, accusing me of being all that was wrong in Britain, looking for browny points, homophobic stuff etc etc. I could not concentrate on watching the match in front of me, with all this going on. Gradually they increased the element of racism in their behaviour: 'Come on you WHITES' (empahsis on white despite we were in yellow), 'it's not a black cab, it's a multi-cultural cab' 'and there's only one Nick...(whatever BNP leader is called)'. With hindsight I should have got them ejected at this point, but still no one around me saw fit to invove themselves. I must also add that these 3 were not the usual chav dressed species that follow Tranmere about but quite studenty looking, and obviously not totally stupid. I turned and asked if they were here to watch the game, as this had been going on for 15 minutes now, only to offered a fight outside the ground after the game. Unsurpsingly when Oldham scored with a minute to go, the 3 disappeared to the front row to try and start a fight there.

Sorry to have to share this with you, it's not really relevant, but I think I needed to get if off my chest somehow.
    It just shows that there is a long way to go out there to get rid of racism - i have certainly been shaken by the whole thing.
    'That's what you get when you suffer - you get results'

i have to admit, there were a few scallies walking away from the ground, chanting, birkinhead, birkinhead... and they were looking for a fight. also, there were a few tranmeree scallies looking for a fight near where the coaches were parked.
    Shell suits were a plenty
    Oh when the blues...go marching in...

I'm embarrased to be a Tranmere fan at any away game within 2½ hours.
    All clubs have their idiots, granted, but ours are top of the league for moronism. I wish they got the fight they wanted, they wouldn't stand a chance.
    'That's what you get when you suffer - you get results'

I grew up on the Wirral and used to go to watch Tranmere quite a lot in the late 70's and early 80's, normally on a Friday night, before going to watch the Reds on the Saturday.
    As a young boy, the bus ride home was sometimes a bit scary with gangs of yobs in their late teens chanting and making a nuisance of themselves, but I don't recall racism being the theme.
    However, generally, we used to enjoy going and watching them and I think it's a shame that their fans have degenerated to the levels highlighted here by Fell Hell. I'm sure the club itself would not associate themselves with the crass racism, or the politics of Nick Griffin which have been reported here.
    One of my best memories of Tranmere was 1989 when they got promoted from the old Division 4, playing against Crewe who also went up - I was in the Cow Sheds that afternoon - great day!
    Can't say I ever heard anyone chanting 'Birkenhead! Birkenhead! Birkenhead!'...
    You'll never Walk Alone!