Thread: Inspiration from your threads

Inspiration from your threads

Hi all
    I have been reading lots of threads on here and just wanted to say hi and thanks for the insperation.

I have since April 2008 lost over three stone and have taken up running, not as serious as many of you but I enjoy it.

Coupled with the fact I like hill walking I just have to combine them. I'm not into racing but just being out there will satisfy my needs.

To see if I like it I have planned a route in the peak district (march) one i've walked many times, one up Snowdon a common route to me (march), and finally The Yorshire 3 Peaks (June, the day before my 48th birthday).

I took a quote from one of your members that I will follow closley.

"Run when you can, Walk if you have to, Crawl if you must-Just never give up

Thank you Lee

Super Moderator

Re: Insperation from your thre

Quote Originally Posted by legitlee View Post
    Hi all
    I have been reading lots of threads on here and just wanted to say hi and thanks for the insperation.

I have since April 2008 lost over three stone and have taken up running, not as serious as many of you but I enjoy it.

Coupled with the fact I like hill walking I just have to combine them. I'm not into racing but just being out there will satisfy my needs.

To see if I like it I have planned a route in the peak district (march) one i've walked many times, one up Snowdon a common route to me (march), and finally The Yorshire 3 Peaks (June, the day before my 48th birthday).

Thank you Lee
    Shedding 3 stone is a great effort Lee Have you thought of having a go at an LDWA challenge event. Not a race as such and a nice way of meeting fellow outdoors folk who like to walk quick with a bit of a jog now and then? www.ldwa.org.uk Some nice events in the Peak; eat value too
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Quote Originally Posted by legitlee View Post
    Hi all

Thank you Lee
    Good on you Lee, get out and enjoy yourself, the quote is from a book by Dean Karnazes, good inspirational read
    http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/book...ramarathon-Man
    Hills and Guinness!

Fellhound

Good stuff Lee. You will soon be hooked... there will be no turning back..