Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mike Sadula

Mike Sadula

I am sad to have to report the death of Mike Sadula on Monday 2 March, after a short illness.

A close friend of the family contacted me by email with the news and has asked that I post details of Mike's funeral arrangements.

His funeral will be at St Mary's Catholic Church, Bankside Lane, Bacup at 10.00 am on Friday 13 March. There will be a get-together after the funeral at the Rose and Bowl on Rawtenstall Road outside Bacup.

Donations in lieu of flowers for Mountain Rescue and Air Rescue in the Lake District.

I didn't have the privilege of knowing Mike but had chatted to him by email on a few occasions and his enthusiasm and love for the Lakes and long mountain endeavours was clear to feel. I am sure others will be able to say more about the man, his achievemants and qualities.

The family are trying to locate someone with a connection with Mike's long distance mountain endeavours to say a few words at the funeral. If there is anyone who was involved in Mike's various Rounds who feels able to do this task, please contact me either by email at [email protected] or call me on 07710 160445 and I will be able to put you in touch with the family.

Morgan
    The only one who can tell you "You can't" is you. And you don't have to listen.

Re: Mike Sadula

Sad news indeed. A great loss to the fellrunning fraternity.
    Yiannis

Mike was a member of Rochdale Harriers, during the 80's, when we had a very good fell running section & he regularly turned out for fell races
    He was determined & was often seen looking over his shoulder towards the end of a race. I partnered him in the Saunders one year & I cocked up the last checkpoint, loosing us a few places & he let me know about that for weeks after.
    He is a member of the BG club & also 50@50.
    I saw him, in more recent years, at a few climbing walls & I believe he gained his ML & SPA.
    RIP Mike

Sad news indeed - the world will be a smaller place for the loss of a true mountain man.....
    When all else fails and your soul needs a lift - head to the hills

Very sad news, RIP Mike Sadula
    Hills and Guinness!

Sad to hear, used to see Mike out and about at races, liked his cycling as well.

I only met Mike during the summer of 2005, on ydt's 60@60 rounds. A truly genuine, likeable and enthusiastic guy with an encyclopaedic knowledge of the Lake District.

Silently shocked........ RIP Mike
    To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

Very sad news, RIP Mike Sadula (Was only on his website the other day reading the members write ups)

I only found out today about Mike Sadula. I haven't been actively running in the fells for a while and have been out of touch.

I was lucky enouhg to have Mike navigate Legs 1 and 5 of my Bob Graham on June 28 and 29th 2002. I had never met Mike before the day and only got to know of him through a friend. He was only supposed to be doing Leg 1 and only stepped in to do Leg 5 when my Navigator dropped out. Mike was fantastic throughout that day and offered me encouragement and advice at every opportunity.

It is safe to say that he dragged me round that last leg and that without him I would not have achieved my BG.

RIP Mike... a moment known but never forgotten.