Hard Work, Hard Training and Suffering...Race Easy

Re: How do you earn a crust?

Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Stones View Post
    Me too Moo

i'm finding it a pain in the A**E though
    I think you'll find thats your saddle!

I hear you blew them all away last Monday

All the best jobs at my place, The Home Office, involve working shifts and weekends. I just do the Mon-Fri flexitime stuff. Sod working weekends,most of the people here dont have a life outside of work.
    Money is not everything !

Quote Originally Posted by bestathlete View Post
    Running 40-50 miles p/w and cycling twice as well means I just get very tired. I work for myself and put in about 39-42hrs/week over 5 days. Additional callouts over the weekend are common as well though. For instance yesterday after my long (26m) run I had to go Kendal which is about 45 miles down the motorway, and today I missed the clubride due to another callout. Had to cycle on my own which inevitably ends up a shorter ride.

Advantages as well though -t'other week i shot over to Lanzarote for a week with only a few hours notice and this week I'm finishing sharp on Tuesday afternoon to get up the fells and Friday to get down to Yorkshire for a Duathlon on Saturday.
    Will you marry me BA?

I love the sound of your life.

I'd keep you company on your cycle rides, and I'd have a nice hot meal ready for you when you come home from work.

[quote=Jobs Worth;18214]

BJ - it sucks if you're saying i need to be a teacher - 2 out of 3 immediate family members are and i'd never swallow my pride enough to join their class!
    quote]

OOOo eerrrr!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jobs Worth View Post
    Been running for a couple of years now and finding work is constantly snapping at my heels - so getting less and less time to train nevermind race!

Just wondering what jobs other Forumities do and how they manage the work / life balance - do you have one?

Yours ponderingly

Jobs (pretty woman) Worth
    I am a broadcast engineer and I don't manage to balance work/training/everything else On top of work i am doing a degree part time which takes a lot of hours, then there's the chores and house stuff.
    There just aren't enough hours in the day, or days in the week. Most of my running is done on the road because I don't have time to go anywhere to do off road running and even squeezing road running is a a real struggle at times
    Think the answer is to just do what you can when you can. At the end of the day my job is important to me and sometimes comprimises have to be made.

I would like to try being an unemployed person for a little while, then everything will be all fine I reckon

Master

wish i had a job that was important to me rather than a means to an end.

However the running is important to me so maybe i have my priorities right after all i can`t take a pile of cash and material possessions to my grave, and i would rather take a well used and spent body to the grave instead of a slightly used unfulfilled one.
    The older I get the Faster I was

Quote Originally Posted by moo View Post
    I'm a high class prostitute... earn a fortune
    Did I mention I offer a quality control service with a free initial assement. Would you like me to put you in my diary for product sampling?

Quote Originally Posted by Daftasabrush View Post
    Will you marry me BA?

I love the sound of your life.

I'd keep you company on your cycle rides, and I'd have a nice hot meal ready for you when you come home from work.
    I certainly regard my life as pretty damn fantastic but the position is already filled I'm afraid.
    Event Photography
    www.athletesinaction.co.uk

Currently I run my own property maintenance business called "Nick'll Fix it!" As I can dictate my hours I get to run when I want too and now that the nights are getting lighter that means a lot more. I try to get two runs in at the weekend and try to do 14-15 miles hilly on Sundays.

By the way - if anyone wants anything done PM me (If you live in Herefordshire that is - Malvern, Ledbury area) I'm a pretty good all rounder - plus the big bonus is that all members of the FRA get a whopping 10% off my per hour labour charges!

Can't be bad! - Was that just a free advert?