Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: How do you earn a crust?

Re: How do you earn a crust?

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    One of my mates was an accountant and he came up with a cracking theory about life and work. If you treat life like a balance account you come in this world with nothing and you leave it with nothing. so if you work really long hard hours and earn lots of money buy a big house and car etc then die you leave your life in negitive equity(you can't take it with you and you didn't have it before). If on the other hand you die owing loads of money( which you didn't have when you were born) you leave with a positive balnce on life...

I know it sounds complicated( he WAS an accountant afterall) but I hope you understand where he's coming from.

Unfortuanatly he's quite well off but he seems to be doing his best to spend it all before the big accountant in the sky comes calling...
    Totally agree, you come naked and with nowt, as long as you leave owing nobody owt you have done ok in my book. Son and heir can fend for himself when it is his time to start earning. I was looking forward to spending loads of time running as I was made redundant 6 weeks ago, knackered my ankle though, so too much time and not enough miles on my hand. Typical!

Quote Originally Posted by Wobblehead View Post
    Totally agree, you come naked and with nowt, as long as you leave owing nobody owt you have done ok in my book.
    I'd have thought you should go out owing as much as you possibly can! I know I shall!

Well its ok for me, I'm still at school! I get back at four and just head straight out, Come home and dinners on the table! Im trying to get in morning sessions aswell though, which is proving a bit of a problem....
    New, young and ignorant.

Caught in the struggle of boy vs father.

alwaysinjured

Quote Originally Posted by moo View Post
    I'm a high class prostitute... earn a fortune
    One of the best insults I ever heard when somebody talked about being a prostitute....

Hope youve got a big bag of change!!

Jacked in real work years ago. Been pretending ever since.