Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Tour de Galles 09

Re: Tour de Galles 09

Toffer's predecessor?

Last edited by XRunner; 15-03-2009 at 08:36 AM.
    Fox Avatar "Protected" by Hester Cox - Printmaker

Toffer's predecessor?

Was there ever an unluckier rider than the Italian Tofferani? While racing down a narrow mountain track, he collided with a donkey that was standing in the middle of the road. Both he and his bike flew into the air and, when he landed, Tofferani was on the back of the donkey. The beast of burden duly set off in panic in the opposite direction, with the helpless Tofferani unable to get off. When the donkey eventually collapsed from exhaustion, Toffernai had to run nearly a kilometre to where his bike was lying by the roadside. Further along the road, he was hit on the head by a rock that had been worked loose from an overhanging cliff. Toffernai managed to get to the summit of the Pan e Tourmalet, where he gave up and fell asleep in a hut. In all he would ride three Tours de Galles.

Quote Originally Posted by dominion View Post
    Ok, I'd best get a new bike and get out training!

Oh, wait.... hang on....my grandfather in earlier tour de Galles....
    Dominion Petit-Breton won the Tour in 1908 - but four years later he was forced to withdraw from the race after an embarrassing collision with a cow. A year earlier he'd had the misfortune to hit a drunken sailor attempting to cross the road in Angelsey.

Keighley - a bit too near lancashire for comfort

I have a new bike

Quote Originally Posted by Hippolyte Acouturier View Post
    Hoh Kay you minkies. Eef you zink you can, 'ow you say, do zees ting, you must 'ave taken note please of all ze noty, noty zings wat we deed erwhen we werze in our prime. I 'ave my hitchin powder at ze ready!

I love this forum...

Was there ever an unluckier rider than the Italian Tofferani? While racing down a narrow mountain track, he collided with a donkey that was standing in the middle of the road. Both he and his bike flew into the air and, when he landed, Tofferani was on the back of the donkey. The beast of burden duly set off in panic in the opposite direction, with the helpless Tofferani unable to get off. When the donkey eventually collapsed from exhaustion, Toffernai had to run nearly a kilometre to where his bike was lying by the roadside. Further along the road, he was hit on the head by a rock that had been worked loose from an overhanging cliff. Toffernai managed to get to the summit of the Pan e Tourmalet, where he gave up and fell asleep in a hut. In all he would ride three Tours de Galles.

I love this forum..

Dominion Petit-Breton won the Tour in 1908 - but four years later he was forced to withdraw from the race after an embarrassing collision with a cow. A year earlier he'd had the misfortune to hit a drunken sailor attempting to cross the road in Angelsey.

I love thisn forumn ... nbutn I jabe benn drinking isicbe 3

Now zen, mon petit batman, eet ees verrr verr irresponsible to hadmit to zer excess plonky-plonk. Unly zer Monsieur-Francais can, 'ow you say?, 'neck on a sunday' hand still hexpect to 'ave zee common-sen-se hon a Mernday merning!

We merst 'ave a bettair hatitude for ze training pour les Tour De Galles, n'est c'pas?
    Yer Muzzer Werze A 'Amster

XRunner, this Tofferani stuff is priceless! Is it really true?? I can see that our Toffer will already have a new 'on tour' name!
    And as for that Hippo bloke...I can see that we have a ready made rule book for our TdG! I am already strengthening my incisors!! Now who has some piano wire going spare??
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

No piano wire, but picture wire will do as well, I reckon? I have got LOADS of that
    “the cause of my pain, was the cause of my cure” Rumi