Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welsh Castles Relay

Welsh Castles Relay

Does anyone know when the entry forms come out for this event?

Has anyone done it before, if so, whats it like as we're thinking of entering a team?
    Oh when the blues...go marching in...

Re: Welsh Castles Relay

It is all on roads... but from the feedback of friends who have done it, it is a brilliant event and well worth entering. I was supposed to do a leg last year, but the club that wanted to 'borrow' me did not get enough runners together anyway, so did not enter in the end...
    “the cause of my pain, was the cause of my cure” Rumi

They are already out. Is this what you rang me for last night?
    @roadrunneraj #gohardorgohome

Entries are already out, I'm not sure if they have closed yet. Les Croupiers Running Club are the organisers. We've done it for many years now, its 20 legs (av. length 10 miles) starting at Caernarfon Castle on Saturday morning & finishing at Cardiff Castle Sunday afternoon. Its mainly on road & footpath, with some stages being declared 'mountain' stages. There are 10 stages each day, and each stage sets off at the same time, so it's effectively 20 mini-races, and its all finished before the evening so no running in the dark. Its a brilliant weekend, it usually combines the hottest day of the year with the wettest !!

Can you point me to the website which has the infomation about entries please? I cant seem to find it?

http://www.welshcastlesrelay.org.uk/

don't know if that helps any chaddy?
    Track rules

the site doesnt have any info on entries though!

Hi Chaddy - the number of teams is restricted to about 60 or so (which means 1200 people on the roads) - logistical nightmare which is why they have to keep numbers down. It therefore tends to be the same teams competing each year - TeamBath usually have mens and womens teams, but we've been in it virtually from the start in the 80's (and didn't we do well in 08 - watch out for us in 09!).

This doesn't really help you trying to get an entry - I'd suggest that you contact the organiser, a chap called Richard, at
    richard.brewer40atbtopenworld.com (obviously replace at with @) and see what your chances are.

Hope you're successful as its a TRULY GREAT weekend - the cameraderie out on the roads has to be experienced (or you could join TeamBath)

Hi yep I had a look round the sites as well, I couldnt find anything but what I did find was that our club was invited to enter just after Xmas, as BoyW says there are much the same teams in it every year, maybe it's not as 'open' as other races?
    Nearer the time you will get teams posting on forums like RW, Fetch etc to say they are short of a runner (Post Office runners seem regulars at this) so you might get in that way, sorry I cant help further - I do hope you get a run, as it is a good weekend.

TeamBath AC have had our two teams accepted- bring it on, the best (road) running fun possible!