Thread: Medial Collateral Ligament

Medial Collateral Ligament

As with my ITB, i have done in my Medial Collateral Ligament - indie of the knee.

This is what most gives me greif, 24/7 and i dont even have to be moving - and it hurts like feck!

Has anybody had this?

I was doing abit of googling and it says wearing a removable cast is the best thing to help the ligament heal.

The physio says it shows signs of trauma such as a car crash - i have been in a car crash and can only think a bike crash at some time in the past maybe?

Re: Medial Collateral Ligament

Come on people....im relying on you!

I need to run more. southernsoftie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Al Fowler View Post
    Come on people....im relying on you!
    Al, cut your losses and chop your leg off above the knee
    "The best shield is to accept the pain, then what can really destroy me?"

http://garyufm.blogspot.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by southernsoftie View Post
    Al, cut your losses and chop your leg off above the knee
    That would get me a better centre of gravity, but how do i wear my fell shoes?

I fell down a pot hole while out running last May and totally fcuked the medial ligament of my right knee. I couldn't run at all for two months, although I did painfully try once or twice, could sort of run with gritted teeth for a month after that and managed to get back to running at slow coach status after four. It really hurt and for a while 6 to 8 weeks in I feared that it was a cartlidge rather than ligament injury because it just didn't seem to be improving. I had a number of physio sessions which must have helped, if only psychologically, but time was the biggest healer. I did however try and give the injury no respite and run as soon as possible - whether this is entirely sensible or not I don't know but it did ultimately work for me.
    Last edited by Stolly; 19-03-2009 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    I fell down a pot hole while out running last May and totally fcuked the medial ligament of my right knee. I couldn't run at all for two months, although I did painfully try once or twice, could sort of run with gritted tweeth for amonth after that and managed to get back to running at slow coach status after four. It really hurt and for a while 6 to 8 weeks in I feared that it was a cartlidge rather than ligament injury because it just didn't seem to be improving. I had a number of physio sessions which must have helped, if only psychologically, but time was the biggest healer. I did however try and give the injury no respite and run as soon as possible - whether this is entirely sensible or not I don't know but it did ultimately work for me.
    I think you did the right thing there stolly.
    Ive been doing some reading about it, and this profesor says that you havent to let it heal by itself because it creates scar tissue which ultimatly gives you long-term injury and long-term pain....so to put it blunt, you have to constantly keep ripping your scar tissue. Not sure how it works???

The physio gave it a good going over yesturday and im really sore today, people keep asking me why im pullling strange expressions.....i tell them my f*cking knee hurts.

Loads of spelling mistakes there but hey ho.