http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bradford/7962212.stm

Moral - always look where you're going.
    "Get yourself together, Jones" - Ray Davies

Re: Sat Nav

Quote Originally Posted by Tussockface View Post
    Here's a warning from tonight's local news:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bradford/7962212.stm

Moral - always look where you're going.
    OMG hope he was not on his way to his Mothers, being it was Mothers Day!

I lent my nephews SatNav and in Feb i followed it to a blumming new estate, completely dead end!

I have one now, and i update it everytime i go out, but dear god, that is really scary...made me feel abit sick!

Ilkley Moor fell race, dear god the satnav had me ontop of the hills of Ilkley right up to a farm, i was absolutely crapping it!

"The 43-year-old, who works as a driver, said he relied on his sat nav for his job"..... so how did he cope before SatNav was invented....

....perhaps he used his brain and a good old road atlas and/or OS map (its's always worked for me and I've not driven off any cliffs yet!!!!!!)

The Strines road is a classic sat nav nightmare. the number of artic lorries that get grounded or stuck on a hairpin is increasing year by year and it's all down to the drivers who don't know the road following their Sat nav..

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    The Strines road is a classic sat nav nightmare. the number of artic lorries that get grounded or stuck on a hairpin is increasing year by year and it's all down to the drivers who don't know the road following their Sat nav..
    So why doesn't the council or the public get onto this, and get SIGNS put up?

Huge signs needed here i would think...

Banned
    Couldn't do without it now.

Never used one except for a couple of weeks when I had a courtesy car and used it as a novelty.

It is a bit sad to be loosing the knowledge about where you are in the car instead of blindly following in 100 metres turn right,etc...

Cycling home from work the other day I came across a guy in a white van, stuck on a single track lane with bollards at the end, and nowhere to turn round. (Pat - you'll know where it is - goes from the canal up to Marple Ridge.) He said his SatNav had told him to go that way.

To the best of my knowledge that lane hasn't been open to vehicles since the invention of SatNavs.

They are the spawn of the devil! I get constant raised eyebrows whenever I refuse to use the wretched thing in our car, even though I have pointed out that it plots a ridiculously tortuous route from centre of town to our house.... a distance of just over a mile! I will hold onto the ability to use a map and my brain until they prise the map from my cold, dead hands!!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth