Quote Originally Posted by Mrunner View Post
Hi all,

Thought this might be useful, I just found a 10% discount on Ronhill running wear at http://www.bethatbody.com - use the code Ronhill09 this ends 02/04/09.

I am actually trying to get into running to tone up a bit, I haven’t done much running in the past and would really like to get good at it and actually enjoy doing it! Does anyone have any tips for someone starting out? And is anyone doing the race for life this year? I just decided to sign up and am now worrying that I will be walking the whole way!!!

Thanks in advance!
The biggest incentive really is to join a local running club who will encourage you and look after you.

Every club has runners of all abilities, beginners like your self and when it gets hard there will be friends there to keep you motivated.

Unless you are very dedicated and know you will never give up running which few beginners are join a running club and if you like the effect that running has for overall health you will stick at it.

I can remember being in your position 28yrs ago and being in a club with like minded people gives you a huge boost when things get hard.

All the best and promise me if you enjoy running STICK WITH IT.

I did and this year will be my 16th consecutive Snowdonia Marathon with no 108 which is the only number i have ever had.

All the best

Peter