Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10% Off Ronhill Running Wear @

10% Off Ronhill Running Wear @

Hi all,

Thought this might be useful, I just found a 10% discount on Ronhill running wear at http://www.bethatbody.com - use the code Ronhill09 this ends 02/04/09.

I am actually trying to get into running to tone up a bit, I haven’t done much running in the past and would really like to get good at it and actually enjoy doing it! Does anyone have any tips for someone starting out? And is anyone doing the race for life this year? I just decided to sign up and am now worrying that I will be walking the whole way!!!

Thanks in advance!

Lola

Re: 10% Off Ronhill Running We

Dear Mrunner,

Welcome the somewhat anarchic world of the FRA Forum; a somewhat odd place to start your running exploits but welcome nonetheless.

Breast Cancer = bad, Race for Life = good so who cares if you have to walk a bit. Which run are you doing?

As you are on a fellrunning site do you:

a. Run in the hills/want to run in the hills
    b. Mountain bike
    c. Roadbike
    d. Bike on some extraordinary machine such as cyclocross, Time Trial or Single Speed?

There are some very accomplished folk on here for all those disciplines so wizz about and check out the folk you want to contact. There are also some serious gear freaks so PLEASE do NOT ask about head torches or which type of shoe lasts longer than the other because you will send them into a feeding frenzy

Assuming that you are really a beginner, and a girl and not a Forumite with multiple identities, you might want to look under Beginners as there has been some good stuff this year and perhaps pm some of the guys there.

Won't write so much again, promise.

Do you think leather is 'in' this year?

Hugs

Quote Originally Posted by Mrunner View Post
    would really like to get good at it and actually enjoy doing it!
    Me too

The more you do, the easier it becomes - but then it gets hard again when you want to start going faster! Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Lola View Post
    Dear Mrunner,

Welcome the somewhat anarchic world of the FRA Forum; a somewhat odd place to start your running exploits but welcome nonetheless.

Breast Cancer = bad, Race for Life = good so who cares if you have to walk a bit. Which run are you doing?

As you are on a fellrunning site do you:

a. Run in the hills/want to run in the hills
    b. Mountain bike
    c. Roadbike
    d. Bike on some extraordinary machine such as cyclocross, Time Trial or Single Speed?

There are some very accomplished folk on here for all those disciplines so wizz about and check out the folk you want to contact. There are also some serious gear freaks so PLEASE do NOT ask about head torches or which type of shoe lasts longer than the other because you will send them into a feeding frenzy

Assuming that you are really a beginner, and a girl and not a Forumite with multiple identities, you might want to look under Beginners as there has been some good stuff this year and perhaps pm some of the guys there.

Won't write so much again, promise.

Do you think leather is 'in' this year?

Hugs

Hi and thanks for your reply!

I am doing the run in Southampton, i know it doesnt really matter if i have to walk a bit but i do have quite a competitive streak in me!

I would like to start running as i said to tone up and i think it would be something i could enjoy, i think i want to run in the hills - i figure the more picturesque the view the more interesting the run?!

Thanks for the advice, i will have a look around here.

Oh and personally no - i think leather is just wrong! You?

toned up women in leather is definitely IN

Lola

Dearest Mrunner,

Ady is probably one of the right people to be listening to, esp about running and cycling (maybe not headtorches); rather than me.

I must say your views on leather were very disappointing. I suppose you are equally conservative when it comes to brass beds and the application of physical pain for pleasue?

xx

I need to run more. southernsoftie's Avatar

Dearest Mrunner,

Ady is probably one of the right people to be listening to, esp about running and cycling (maybe not headtorches); rather than me.

I must say your views on leather were very disappointing. I suppose you are equally conservative when it comes to brass beds and the application of physical pain for pleasue?

xx
    Talk about baptism of fire!!!Be interesting to see if Mrunner sticks around!!
    "The best shield is to accept the pain, then what can really destroy me?"

http://garyufm.blogspot.co.uk

Lola

Oh now be fair. Almost all my first message was helpful and friendly and I did then mention that Ady was a solid chap who could be relied upon - which is true.

I'm sure Mrunner is just feeling her feet; she will no doubt come round to my way of thinking in time.

You're just sore cos I mentioned you drove a Vauxhall

I need to run more. southernsoftie's Avatar

Oh now be fair. Almost all my first message was helpful and friendly and I did then mention that Ady was a solid chap who could be relied upon - which is true.

I'm sure Mrunner is just feeling her feet; she will no doubt come round to my way of thinking in time.

You're just sore cos I mentioned you drove a Vauxhall
    Shhh! Not so loud!
    Last edited by southernsoftie; 31-03-2009 at 11:27 AM.
    "The best shield is to accept the pain, then what can really destroy me?"

http://garyufm.blogspot.co.uk

Lola

Sorry!!