Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: What Bike?

Re: What Bike?

Well done chaps! With you in spirit (red, Rioja, spain) if not in body (withered, knackered and syphyllitic).
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Well done Toffer and the rest, thought of you all a lot yesterday, you must have had a good day on the hills weather wise. I certainly wasn't up for the biking yet.

Will I be seeing you at Callow in a couple of hours time, support the club and everything ? .
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by molehill View Post
    I hope the weather behaves, and the trade winds blow you Southwards all day (a miracle may happen. Let us know how it all goes and good luck - I know you will all make it. Moley.
    A miracle did happen. The trade winds were either neutral or only slightly against for the majority and were even behind for sizeable chunks . My body clock is out now hence writing this at some unearthly hour Daleside was quite right to be asking if we were still running at 10.30pm - we were! Got in at 11.30. Missed last orders
    122 miles of bike with 12473 feet of ascent. 19miles run with 8400 feet of ascent. 17:57 total elapsed time start to finish. Not the fastest attempt - but we were only just beaten by the walkers doing the 3 peaks that day with a minibus to transport them between!
    Lesson to be learnt from this;- make sure your brakes aren't jammed on before starting on a bike ride...........
    Last edited by Forrest Gump; 09-07-2007 at 02:14 AM.
    I like to go to work on a Monday morning more tired than I come home on a Friday evening!

Full story to follow in a magazine near you......could offer a few teasers mind you

For now though, an official announcement:
    After 179 miles running, 122 miles cycling and 64,873ft climbing Toffer's summer of fun is now officially over........

Greybeard productions now take over with The Bob Smith, Trans Fan and other attractions.....
    Goodnight and thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Toffer View Post
    For now though, an official announcement:
    After 179 miles running, 122 miles cycling and 64,873ft climbing Toffer's summer of fun is now officially over......Goodnight and thank you
    Be great to do something in the winter months, you'll be bored by then .
    At night
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by molehill View Post
    Be great to do something in the winter months, you'll be bored by then .
    At night
    Any more silly ideas Moley? Tunnelling under Snowdon by candle light and searching for your missing goolies (for instance)?

Quote Originally Posted by The Missus View Post
    Any more silly ideas Moley? Tunnelling under Snowdon by candle light and searching for your missing goolies (for instance)?
    Running or by bike??? I guess it won't be possible to transport the bikes to half way and swap over?

I was thinking more of a long distance Treasure hunt, Moley leading the way ( his little jewels being the the treasure) and using various means of transport. First section on foot, second by tricycle, third rowing boat, fourth horseback etc, all the while carring a large spade to dig up the treasure if and when it is found. Full back up required - (pack horse and/or Sherpas) Probably need a few doctors as well, to re-attach the treasure to it's owner!!!! Any doctors out there??!!??