Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Rivington Pike

Re: Rivington Pike

Quote Originally Posted by inspector gadget View Post
    just like manchester united using liverpools torres as a sub.
    or it's like alex ferguson putting 12 men on the pitch hahahahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    We can only declare our hand - which you can see 2 of us did - the result surprised me - but the matter is not in my hands.

There is 2nd claim in all disciplines. It's just that many events do not allow 2nd claim athletes.
    That's fair enough, WP, I suppose you can be a member of as many clubs as you like. Blackburn declared their hand and got away with it.

But Rule 9 of FRA Rules for Competition, says Runners may count in competition for their first claim fell-running club only.

Given that Failure to comply with the FRA Rules for Competition could invalidate an organiser's FRA Membership or Race Permit, it is therefore assumed that there is no second claim in any competitive event held under FRA Rules (i.e. any "official" fell race), a point I recall FRA secretary Alan Brentnall making on the old forum.

Granted it's the race organiser's job to enforce the rules, but weather they should have been approached with this request is another matter. They've probably got more pressing things to worry about on the day of the race.

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    That's fair enough, WP, I suppose you can be a member of as many clubs as you like. Blackburn declared their hand and got away with it.

But Rule 9 of FRA Rules for Competition, says Runners may count in competition for their first claim fell-running club only.

Given that Failure to comply with the FRA Rules for Competition could invalidate an organiser's FRA Membership or Race Permit, it is therefore assumed that there is no second claim in any competitive event held under FRA Rules (i.e. any "official" fell race), a point I recall FRA secretary Alan Brentnall making on the old forum.

Granted it's the race organiser's job to enforce the rules, but weather they should have been approached with this request is another matter. They've probably got more pressing things to worry about on the day of the race.
    My personal approach was not a request. As I have said earlier, I did not know Ricky was there until a few minutes before the start and I don't think he new what the protocol was.
    My advise to the organisers was to declare him a N/C unless the rules permitted him to be counted.

It wasn't a "please can we get away with this" - in fact we thought we were shopping ourselves for what was just a mistake.

Rivington Pike April 2011

Anyone doing the Rivington Pike Race tomorrow?

Re: Rivington Pike April 2011

Yes - after the oppressive heat of the Salford 10K, I'm heading for the Pike tomorrow and then will round my Three Peaks prep off at the Bunny Run Relay next week.

I'm surprised Ricky Lightfoot etc aren't following my programme

5k in Princes Park Liverpool at 9am then will be at Rivington in the afternoon followed by the Halton Bridge Race on Sunday morning. Had a terrific thunderstorm here for an hour or two tonight with heavy rain. It will be interesting at Rivington if the weather has been the same as our club are using it as a MT counter tomorrow - Mud bath could be in prospect across the fields and towards the pike?
    Last edited by Pinno; 22-04-2011 at 11:19 PM.

Only a light downfal here last night (Wirral) just as I was taking the dog out but blue skies as I look out right now. I aws considering wearing flats for the Pike this afternoon. Do you think it'll be muddy?

I'm running after doing southport yesterday. I'm following a similar three peaks routine to Witton.

Doubt it'll be muddy. The grass will be wet and the dust will have damped down. It'll be reet.

Senior Member Mike - TheBoyBarry's Avatar

Legs sore after Herod Farm on Wednesday and Parkrun this morning so I'll be on photo duty........
    Remember to smile