Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Results Results Results

two toenails

Results Results Results

Is it me, or are people becoming more and more obsessed with the "slowness" of results to appear on the web?
    Nearly every thread in the races section, has a stream of whinges, who expect the results to be up asap.
    Did they help to mark the course or give "thirst" aid? Did they collect in the tape or ........................
    Why don't you offer to do the timing and then you might find what sort of pressures there are on the results side of an event.
    People might be up for work the next day and ain't got the time to type up names etc.
    Chill out, savour the moment when theresults MAY eventually arrive.
    The sport doesn't need knocking, it's the best there is AND is due to the fact that people are willing to give up a lot of time for moaners like you.
    Not me of course(moaning I mean)

Re: Results Results Results

I think since the move from predominantly postal results to now mostly online, there is an air of expectation in seeing them on the same day or day after (many major events now of course have real time tracking!). I don't see posts whinging about lack of available results (unless they are still unavailable after a week or so) but people do post up asking if/where they can be found - mostly with a thanks to the people involved in putting the event on. Where have you seen this whinging Two Toenails?

The 1st League XC is always fun - half the teams don't pre-register therefore ensuring that "on the day" results are nigh on impossible.

It does seem crazy to me though that John Schofield / Graham Fecitt etc can get results up quicker than say the Inter Counties XC that is chip timed!

Fell racing - I think you have to accept that it's generally recorded manually and someone then has to type them up and get them on the net - not always easily done in 48 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post

Fell racing - I think you have to accept that it's generally recorded manually and someone then has to type them up and get them on the net - not always easily done in 48 hours.
    Things are getting speedy here too WP. Liver Hill FR on Tuesday evening had results online within about 2 hours of the race finishing. Think it all depends on how the timekeepers deal with the results and how they process them. Parky from Tod Harriers is also very prompt with posting the results online.
    I have quite a few results sheets in my folder that have been handwritten and then photocopied - a labour of love and much more labour intensive than the result specific spreadsheets used more frequently now.

Where have you seen this whinging Two Toenails?[/QUOTE]

Loads of moaning on the Edale thread because the results did not arrive until the Friday after the race (which was on Sunday).

two toenails

Quote Originally Posted by Thatch View Post
    Where have you seen this whinging Two Toenails?
    Loads of moaning on the Edale thread because the results did not arrive until the Friday after the race (which was on Sunday).[/quote]

Yep, that one.
    AND about Lad's Leap last year and......This year was SUPER fast.

Maybe I'm dreaming, but there does seem to be a lot of whinges about.
    I'm NOT whinging(?) about whinges (I am actually), people have a right to moan, but it is usually(not always) from people who have done very little in the way of helping out at events.
    Positivity is really important for those of us who go out of their way to help whenever they can.
    I'll stop my whinge there.
    Wish I'd never bothered saying anything.
    It was only to pass on the time while her indoors got my tea ready.
    Must dash - it appears to be on the table....

FellMonster

I take it you realise that you are whinging about others whinging

Quote Originally Posted by FellMonster View Post
    I take it you realise that you are whinging about others whinging
    An astute observation. To everyone else:
    STOP WHINGING

P. S. Why is whinging pronounce win-jing, whining is pronounced wine-ing and winging is pronounced wing-ing? Just wondered.

Results often depend on whether or not the webmaster/scribe/organiser is ready to get them up immediately - as a race organiser I'd like to think I'm quick off the mark but sometimes it takes a day or two.

Having said that in Wales Al Tye is brilliant at getting photos up and running. He was at Llantysilio today and here are the pics:

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/alasta...at=directlink#

What a hero!

two toenails

I don't want to whinge, but I wish people wouldn't go topless in fell races.
    http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/alasta...52586999209314

Up NORTH, people even do it in winter. Some of them are famous for it.
    THEY know who they are!