Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: turbo trainer wanted

turbo trainer wanted

Does any one have an old TT sitting in a garage or know of a good deal on one anywhere.

SS has talked me in to getting one.

Lola

Re: turbo trainer wanted

Ian,

You have clearly missed the comments made here by some very learned folk - well Hanneke is learned anyway; Turbo Trainers are the evil creations of the Devil and shunned by all civilised peoples everywhere.

I am happy to give S Softie a sound spanking for you (not for the first time) for being an agent of the Horned Beast and hope that you will turn from darkness to the light of cycling outside, away from the loneliness of sweating, unappreciated in a dank basement and out with your clubmates in the beautiful countryside.

DON T DO IT !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lola View Post
    Ian,

You have clearly missed the comments made here by some very learned folk - well Hanneke is learned anyway; Turbo Trainers are the evil creations of the Devil and shunned by all civilised peoples everywhere.

I am happy to give S Softie a sound spanking for you (not for the first time) for being an agent of the Horned Beast and hope that you will turn from darkness to the light of cycling outside, away from the loneliness of sweating, unappreciated in a dank basement and out with your clubmates in the beautiful countryside.

DON T DO IT !!!
    thanks for that Lola

I'll still be out there on the long runs just want to use it it to supplement the training. I have a foot niggle and looking to do some workouts with out putting as much strain on my toe.

Ps Southern softie may still enjoy his spanking but the SS i was refering to was Slippery Stones. I'm not sure mrs SS would approve...

The most mind numbing evil way to spend your time...here's my advice...get an iPod and crank up some tunes on a playlist and get a session sorted...sat in my garage many a night in winter....we also used to run a group turbo in Langsett Barn on a Friday thru' winter: FOOLS!!!
    Run and become...

Lola is right, don't get one, they are a waste of time, money and effort, Horrid things! Nothing beats a ride outside, in all weathers!

Mind you, I have one that I shall be using for warming up before races, to make sure I don't puncture my tubs just before a race...
    “the cause of my pain, was the cause of my cure” Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    Does any one have an old TT sitting in a garage or know of a good deal on one anywhere.

SS has talked me in to getting one.
    ayup Ian
    my lad has one you can borrow for a while he dunt use it much especially now the time trial and road race season has started. you can try it out before you buy one, you may find you dont want one after a couple of sessions .I get bored out of my mind, better to use rollers i am told ,more to think about ,if you are not focused you end up in a heap on the floor.
    Darkhorse

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse View Post
    ayup Ian
    my lad has one you can borrow for a while he dunt use it much especially now the time trial and road race season has started. you can try it out before you buy one, you may find you dont want one after a couple of sessions .I get bored out of my mind, better to use rollers i am told ,more to think about ,if you are not focused you end up in a heap on the floor.
    Darkhorse
    That'll be great Darkhorse, I'll PM you my details but I guess you are a brown shirt ? K?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse View Post
    ayup Ian
    Darkhorse
    On my way to pick up a TT from Dark Horse. I might regrett it but we will see

Lola

So it came to pass that Ian of the DARK peak collected the RIDER's machine from DARK Horse and thus became the 3rd RIDER. "And as the 3rd seal was broken the RIDER on the DARK HORSE brought forth famine to a quarter of the whole world".

Are we finally witnessing the beginning of the end of our world on the Forum as the prophecy foretold? Are there no brave knights abroad today willing to slay the evil turbo and save the Forum.

Super Moderator

IanDarkpeak smiliest man in fellrunning, purveyor of fine country ales and a top bloke riding some kind of mechanised bicycling machine; indoors! WTF!

Get out in the Peak Ian; some of the finest mountain biking in the world. Come on, all is not lost; there's still hope!!!