Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Tonights T'V

Banned
    Played back a Programme about captain Paul Watson of sea shepherd fame .
    Fascinating for ecology buffs.

Banned
    Been watching Aussie Rugby league.
    They started playing last week.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    Been watching Aussie Rugby league.
    They started playing last week.
    I noticed golf proams are back. That toe rag Piers Morgan got caught speeding going to one.
    Does that mean tournament golf is back? It relies on tv revenue, not much on paid fans coming, so I cannot see why not. Although, stagger: if you have never done it I suggest you go to some of the big courses to watch a tournament live, to get an appreciation of them for watchin on TV. TV does not do them justice. Some are very hilly , up and down, and the greens can have massive gradients. Others the fairways are frighteningly narrow. TV makes it all look flat and wide! Also some golfers hit the ball incredibly high, Nicklaus did. Others hit them "quail high": which is old links golf, but also golfers from such as windy Texas have to play that way. You dont see as much differnce with that on TV either. Watching the PRO game live gives a lot better appreciation of it.
    Last edited by Oracle; 08-06-2020 at 12:10 PM.

Banned
    Just been to Birkdale once for practice Wednesday before the open. Spent most of the time following Woosnam. He was great entertainment interacting with the crowd.

Just been to Birkdale once for practice Wednesday before the open. Spent most of the time following Woosnam. He was great entertainment interacting with the crowd.
    Was he ejaculating Guinness from his nostrils afterwards in the bar?
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Banned
    As you have seen birkdale rough is bad and fairways are narrow.
    It's neighbour hillside is even worse on both counts. Both are good to play.

You might be amused to know, that until comparatively recently they would splutter in their beer at letting ladies into the clubhouse bar except on ladies day! Many years ago, I used to play hillside as a guest of a junior member I knew ( I was very much an adult at the time, but rules are rules) . I recollect it Cost me the princely sum of a quid a time!

Woosnam was the generation I watched. Followed him (and lyle and faldo)
    since he was young. For a very short guy as golfers go, he was a dab hand with a one iron! Doubt if he carries one now.
    Last edited by Oracle; 08-06-2020 at 06:32 PM.

Last night the orange Emily Maitlis was talking to that paragon of virtue and diving little cheat Raheem Sterling. During his ramblings he was whinging that there are 500 footballers in the Premiership and only a third are black.
    Considering that only 3% of the UK population are black I would suggest that they are hugely over represented. Did the impartial Emily pull him up on this, of course she didn't.

Both full blown twats.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    Last night the orange Emily Maitlis was talking to that paragon of virtue and diving little cheat Raheem Sterling. During his ramblings he was whinging that there are 500 footballers in the Premiership and only a third are black.
    Considering that only 3% of the UK population are black I would suggest that they are hugely over represented. Did the impartial Emily pull him up on this, of course she didn't.

Both full blown twats.
    Not like Emily that.

Given her comments on Cummings the other week, in the interests of balance, I presume she started the programme with a long monologue condemning all the lockdown breaking protesters at the weekend.

I heard Dwight Yorke on the radio this morning moaning that Lampard and Gerrard were "parachuted" straight into high-profile management jobs, whilst the likes of himself and Ashley Cole were overlooked...

Now he may well have a point about Gerrard/Lampard walking straight into big jobs. But i think he's mistaken if he's categorising himself in the same level of player as they were... they were light years ahead of him.

And didn't Ashley Cole take a gun into training once and shoot a youth player... whilst i think he's one of the greatest left-backs the world has ever produced, and the vitriol aimed at him by England fans was absolutely shameful... it's hardly a surprise that clubs are less willing to take a gamble on someone who they may think of as a "loose-cannon".

Didn't he also say that there were ~600 MPs and only 20 of them were Black, isn't that about the percentage in the population?
    Cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run