Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Tonights T'V

Quote Originally Posted by emmilou View Post
    It's getting better each week. Thought there was only me watching it?! Are you on the 1st series? Apparently the first series has already finished (I'm only on episode 3) but it's supposed to get very good, we shall see! The major flaw is needing subtitles to actually hear what Matthew Mc is saying.
    It is the only programme on television I am watching (apart from cycling).

Episode 2 was just nothing, but I agree episode 3 picked up so I am still giving it the benefit of the doubt.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    It is the only programme on television I am watching (apart from cycling).

Episode 2 was just nothing, but I agree episode 3 picked up so I am still giving it the benefit of the doubt.
    Episode 4 - it's all kicking off! Didn't know that about cayenne pepper either!

I've just wasted 60 hours or so watching Breaking Bad.
    While I really enjoyed it, the time would have been much better spent!
    http://www.mikkmurray.co.uk - My art and running blog! Go on.. Take a look!

I might check out True Detective. Breaking Bad has its moments but I didn't think it would warrant 60 hours to watch all of it? It feels like they're hammering home the same point dozens of times? (I haven't seen all of it I hasten to add).

Anyone else on House of Cards? Even (especially?) if you remember the original version they still manage to leave you guessing. And the series 2 opener looked like a step up on series 1.

Quote Originally Posted by LissaJous View Post
    I might check out True Detective. Breaking Bad has its moments but I didn't think it would warrant 60 hours to watch all of it? It feels like they're hammering home the same point dozens of times? (I haven't seen all of it I hasten to add).

Anyone else on House of Cards? Even (especially?) if you remember the original version they still manage to leave you guessing. And the series 2 opener looked like a step up on series 1.
    I had access to all the Breaking Bad episodes, I think it's easy to watch them all when they're at had. I thought it got better and better, and the characters, well they went through some ordeals!
    http://www.mikkmurray.co.uk - My art and running blog! Go on.. Take a look!

My head is getting a battering with The True Detective. How do the writers conjure up such amazing subjectives?

Quote Originally Posted by emmilou View Post
    My head is getting a battering with The True Detective. How do the writers conjure up such amazing subjectives?
    I've watched them all now...it doesn't disappoint!

'Vikings' well into its second series now. The History channel is hosting this series though it wouldn't be out of place on HBO. There's only so many ways you cleave someone with an axe so they put in a crucifixion this week just to mix things up a bit. Yet another loss by the Saxons in England, you would have thought they would have managed at least a score draw by now.

Series 4 of 'Game of Thrones' starts tomorrow Apparently its being broadcast at 2am tomorrow without any adverts, just as its shown on HBO. The adverts will be back for its normal 9pm evening slot. I shall record the 2am showing so I don't need to fast forward through the adverts.

Great start to the fourth series of GOT. Its only the first episode that will be shown early and without adverts, more's the pity.
    No country for old men.