Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Tonights T'V

Quote Originally Posted by Alf View Post
    I found the "blood eagle" a bit disappointing. Ragnar looked more like his dresser than his executioner

It will be interesting to see how they work Ivarr the Boneless into future episodes, how will the poor chap get around ?
    *SPOILERS*

Well the special effects would either have been too gruesome or too expensive, so it was either clever or convenient that the scene was mostly played out mirrored in the eyes of the onlookers ~ for the first time we see the Norsemen deeply shocked by the brutality of a death, instead of seeing it as a commonplace. Much debated whether such a ritual really existed of course; it would not have been used lightly and was almost presented as a special honour for leaders & kings in the show.

Start reading about Ivar the Boneless if you like, otherwise you'll have a long while to wait!
    Last edited by LissaJous; 26-04-2014 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LissaJous View Post
    Where are you up to?
    Season 2 ep 2!!

IT's epic! Giving Game of Thrones a run!
    http://www.mikkmurray.co.uk - My art and running blog! Go on.. Take a look!

Quote Originally Posted by MickTor View Post
    IT's epic! Giving Game of Thrones a run!
    It certainly is!
    [SPOILERS Vikings S02E10]

IMO, the last few episodes have been stuttering along rather than flowing; Horik was allowed to screw things up more than once too often, and some of the characters didn't play right, just so they could have their big final episode showdown & reveal. It would have made a lot more sense to take Horik out before he undermined a second raiding mission! Æthelstan's return wasn't as compelling as it could have been either. Apparently some viewers liked the 'inevitable' violent conclusion, but I was beginning to feel the backstabbing & gore have taken too big a role compared to the depiction of a life you could almost imagine living in. Can't please everyone

Can't wait for season 3!

Back to Game of Thrones then..

It certainly is!
    [SPOILERS Vikings S02E10]

IMO, the last few episodes have been stuttering along rather than flowing; Horik was allowed to screw things up more than once too often, and some of the characters didn't play right, just so they could have their big final episode showdown & reveal. It would have made a lot more sense to take Horik out before he undermined a second raiding mission! Æthelstan's return wasn't as compelling as it could have been either. Apparently some viewers liked the 'inevitable' violent conclusion, but I was beginning to feel the backstabbing & gore have taken too big a role compared to the depiction of a life you could almost imagine living in. Can't please everyone
    The last episode of this series was more 'Godfather' than 'Vikings' though I have enjoyed the series as a whole. I noticed they showed the old Kirk Douglas Vikings film the other week and Ragnar didn't come off too well in that one
    No country for old men.

Good episode of GOT tonight - that moon door would never pass muster with the health and safety people
    No country for old men.

Quote Originally Posted by Alf View Post
    Good episode of GOT tonight - that moon door would never pass muster with the health and safety people
    Few nasty endings in that episode.

Krister Henriksson is back as Wallander ~ the new series has finally made its way to BBC4.

Episode 3 last night and it's made clear where we're heading. A touching moment, although the first 2 episodes didn't have the magic of 'proper' Wallander (that will always be the first Krister Henriksson series to me, with Johanna Sällström as Linda). We still have the shaky plots of course, but it didn't capture the relationships between the characters as well as I remember. Maybe it is my expectations of Scandi-Noir that have moved on!

Master
    Krister Henriksson is back as Wallander ~ the new series has finally made its way to BBC4.

Episode 3 last night and it's made clear where we're heading. A touching moment, although the first 2 episodes didn't have the magic of 'proper' Wallander (that will always be the first Krister Henriksson series to me, with Johanna Sällström as Linda). We still have the shaky plots of course, but it didn't capture the relationships between the characters as well as I remember. Maybe it is my expectations of Scandi-Noir that have moved on!
    I find all the Scandi-Noir plots a bit convoluted - but enjoy the genre immensely - the music helps -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGssssSZUKI.

Last nights Wallander was definitely not up to scratch as previous that I've watched. I have missed big chunks over the years which I regret.
    I M Povey New Marske Harriers
    http://manwithoutashed.blogspot.com