Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Tonights T'V

Quote Originally Posted by that_fjell_guy View Post
    Last nights Wallander was definitely not up to scratch as previous that I've watched. I have missed big chunks over the years which I regret.

Mankell only wrote around a dozen Wallender novels. They were more than police procedural but reflected his broader views on all sorts of matters. He has written other novels.

There are 3 different filmed versions of most of the Wallender novels -which is enough!

Distilling these long novels into TV shows still allowed depth of character and breadth of subject etc.

But the gravy train arrived at the station and with the exception of the opening show (from the last and rather poor Wallender novel) in the current series recent and current films have just been hack work where the script writers do not start with a 500 page novel and worry how they will distill it into a tv film; but think how they can pad out a tv film.

Mankell has provided some script outlines in the past but the back of even his envelope is not the same as a 500 page novel that he has spent years writing.
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 02-06-2014 at 08:36 AM.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

I have just discovered Sons of Anarchy! Love it!
    http://www.mikkmurray.co.uk - My art and running blog! Go on.. Take a look!

Quote Originally Posted by MickTor View Post
    I have just discovered Sons of Anarchy! Love it!
    Yeah it's cracking. Probably number 4 in my all time box set list. Get's a lot darker and violent as it progresses. Shame channel 5 have dropped a boll*ck and were still waiting for season 6 to be aired.

On to more pressing matters - Anyone excited about tonights GOT? Should be a cracker.
    "That was the night everything changed"

Quote Originally Posted by The devil's own View Post
    Yeah it's cracking. Probably number 4 in my all time box set list. Get's a lot darker and violent as it progresses. Shame channel 5 have dropped a boll*ck and were still waiting for season 6 to be aired.

On to more pressing matters - Anyone excited about tonights GOT? Should be a cracker.
    Excellent GOT episode tonight in which a lot of plot threads got an airing. One minute I was cheering and then the next minute, well the cheering stopped! Only 2 episodes to go for this series and lots of things still need resolving.
    No country for old men.

I watched GOT and to be honest I'm not that impressed any more. Slow episodes with endings that shock. I'm left feeling rather empty.
    It's still great. Perhaps my problem is with watching it weekly, I like a box set where I can lose a few days to a good story..

Was going to suggest starting a MC club. Then thought about a fellrunning club, then realised I'm in one and DPFR are probably as close to SOA as you could get in the fell running world..

Tonights GOT, talk about build me up buttercup. Really looking forward to seeing how the season ends, I don't see Tyrion dying just yet.
    "That was the night everything changed"

Tonights GOT, talk about build me up buttercup. Really looking forward to seeing how the season ends, I don't see Tyrion dying just yet.
    If anyone will live it's him!

Quote Originally Posted by MickTor View Post
    I watched GOT and to be honest I'm not that impressed any more. Slow episodes with endings that shock. I'm left feeling rather empty.
    It's still great. Perhaps my problem is with watching it weekly, I like a box set where I can lose a few days to a good story..
    I don't think having a week's break helped and some of the story threads don't get a mention every week so I know what you mean by the "boxset method" of watching. However as long as it can genuinely have me guessing who will survive and who won't and maintain that level of suspense I will be watching.
    No country for old men.

Quote Originally Posted by Alf View Post
    I don't think having a week's break helped and some of the story threads don't get a mention every week so I know what you mean by the "boxset method" of watching. However as long as it can genuinely have me guessing who will survive and who won't and maintain that level of suspense I will be watching.
    I agree Alf, I might be having a little moan but I'll be watching the next episode!!