Re: The Dragons Back

So, expressions of interest from:
    Moley
    JimmyBoy
    The Pig
    AllanT
    TOBW
    What about Alf Tupper?

If this is going to happen, it will be in May (Bank Holiday week).
    I suggest self supporting groups of 4.
    We have one vehicle lined up with Toffer, Moley, myself and ? TOBW as runners. Once we have a schedule with stop-offs determined we can let the rest of you know but it will be up to yourselves to arrange support etc.
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

So much to do, so little time.........

Yes, still expressing a serious interest - thanks for including me in the motor, Mr Wheeze. May Bank Holiday... bloody hell, that's only 16 weeks away!!

Moley - am up in Snowdonia next week-end walking, and then over Easter -6 April onwards for a few days, either with my sister and her family (serious runners) or with folks from the Club (serious runners) - let me know what you're planning and we'll get together.

Quote Originally Posted by Boy Wonder View Post
    So much to do, so little time......... May Bank Holiday... bloody hell, that's only 16 weeks away.
    Afraid you may have to revise that timescale .

And I was going to use the excuse for underperformance .... "Bugger, I've peaked too early"

I'll give you a pm or something soon, be good to meet up and Easter may be the one. All a bit chaotic here, the Missus stranded at a job in Pembroke Dock, my car stranded 15 miles away in Newtown (there's tomorrows long run sorted ) and me stranded at home with the whisky bottle . When sober I'll be in touch.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

It gets worse. Me an Toff lookin' at May day weekend i.e. Beginning of May!
    Perhaps start on the friday so that 3 of the running days are 'holiday'.
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Just back from a training week-end in Snowdonai - three of us up there,the other two being walkers not runners (though I struggle to make the latter category these days)

Friday was damp, we walked from Capel Curig over to the lakes at the back (Crafnant and Gerionydd) and then back through Gwydr forest for 5 hrs or so.

Saturday was a beautiful day - perfect blue skies, no wind at all, no snow (boo...), had planned on doing Elidir and round to Y Garn but the day was so good that we took the final place in the Pen-y-Pass car park at 9.45 and did the whole Snowdon Horseshoe - glorious, scrambling over hot, dry rock, it could have been the height of summer - 100's of folk on the summit and a fair few on the H'shoe. Another 5hr+ effort - including a serious bonk from one of the party going up Lliwedd - then back for huge quantities of veg. chili and wine in true GFRCEA fashion.

Yesterday, a more gentle walk for a couple of hours on the north coast of the LLyn, left about 3pm to get back to Bath.

All in all, a great week-end - only downside is that one of the party is into big kites and buggies, we were going to use them on Black Rock Sands but without a breath of wind there was no point.

Roll on the start of May

OK,
    very close to nailing one complete team.
    Runners: Toff, Moley, Wheeze
    Runner/Driver: TOBW + ??

We need another runner/driver. A certain OGB is now seriously thinking about this but the position is still formally open.

You will need to be available from Thursday evening to Tuesday Evening 3-8 May and be willing to run 10 or more miles per day for 5 days plus share in driving duties (Range Rover).

Anyone else who wants to put a team in, its over to you.
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Hmmmph.... gone very quiet here, where are all those eager soles in need of an adventure ?

Nothing to worry about, it's only a few Welsh hills interspersed with some sheep fields. I mean, there's only one over 3000 in it .... how hard can that be ? Not as tough as the Lakes or Scotland so come on, speak up and don't be shy; it'll be a lovely few days out rambling through the scenic hills of Wales.

Picture postcard stuff
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Just been trying to negotiate the time away. He finally agreed and then I realised you've picked a weekend with a welsh championship race in it. So no can do. (That's apart from probably not being able to run that far, but we'll leave that aside as a mere technicality!) How about doing the bog triathlon instead?

Quote Originally Posted by molehill View Post
    Hmmmph.... gone very quiet here, where are all those eager soles in need of an adventure ?

Nothing to worry about, it's only a few Welsh hills interspersed with some sheep fields. I mean, there's only one over 3000 in it .... how hard can that be ?
    Sent Moley the spread sheet today..........he has gone very quiet......think I will remind him of this quote every now and then......