Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairfield Horseshoe

Re: Fairfield Horseshoe

We recced the course in April, we ran the LH side of the wall to avoid the wind on the RH side, the running was okay, though we crossed to the RH side and used the stile described by Graeme. We missed the path around Block Crags and had to descend them which wasn't ideal.

Since then i have the Bagness map which indicates LH or RH of wall and shows path around the crags, here's hoping for some better route selection on the day.
    Tuffer

Is enjoying the running

im hoping to run this if i can get a name changed for a number but if im getting a bit scared with people trying different routes but i could always duck out and watch the FA cup final

What time do I need to leave manchester to get there in time?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moo View Post
    If you travel at a speed faster than 299,792,458 metres per second then you could theoretically get there before you leave Manchester.
    Fox Avatar "Protected" by Hester Cox - Printmaker

Graeme

Quote Originally Posted by moo View Post

Thanks
    It should take you no more than an hour and a half to drive there. But, it's a Saturday afternoon, you've got to get through Ambleside register and warm up, I'd leave at 11 to be on the safe side.

Quote Originally Posted by XRunner View Post
    If you travel at a speed faster than 299,792,458 metres per second then you could theoretically get there before you leave Manchester.
    How?

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    Last time I ran it, just before Easter so not too long ago, I stayed on the RH side, looking towards Ambleside, of the wall all the way past Low Pike, you can go that low, there's a stile in a corner of the wall there. Alternatively you can come across the wall above Low Pike, I've not ran that section before.

Eitehr way watch out for a pth that takes you off left to avoid Brock Crags, this brings you down to the track that will lead you to the gate that will take you back along the track to Rydal.
    Thanks for that Graeme - Flippin heck, just noticed it's a 2:00pm start, on cup final day too!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Ricepudding View Post
    How?
    It requires an understanding of the theory of special relativity in an inertial frame of reference when Lorentz transformed into a null geodesic shape.

Here is the formula and an example.

Last edited by XRunner; 15-05-2007 at 09:43 AM.

It requires an understanding of the theory of special relativity in an inertial frame of reference when transformed into a null geodesic shape.

Here is the formula and an example.

Yes, I get all that, but you could have marked Manchester and Ambleside on the diagram.

Quote Originally Posted by CribGoch View Post
    Yes, I get all that, but you could have marked Manchester and Ambleside on the diagram.
    That's easy!

Manchester is the special case when x = 0 with t=0 and Ambleside is its twin paradox.

Here's what Einstein would have said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Einstein
    If we placed Moo in a car ... one could arrange that Moo, after any arbitrary lengthy journey, could be returned to her original spot in a scarcely altered condition, while corresponding fell runners who had remained in their original positions had already long since finised the race. For Moo the lengthy time of the journey and the race was a mere instant, provided the motion took place with approximately the speed of light.
    The original question, if we can remember that far back in time, was how long will the journey take NOT what is the route. Therefore the actual location of Ambleside relative to Manchester is of no consequence to Moo.
    Last edited by XRunner; 15-05-2007 at 11:00 AM.