Page 51 of 67 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairfield Horseshoe

Re: Fairfield Horseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by Amex View Post
    Great race nice to see Ben doing kit checks, i feel this will become the norm now----- saw a few turned away as well we have all been warned!
    One guy shouted to the RO "where does it say that" God i feel for the RO if they are dealing with people like that
    As a kit check helper I noticed that the vast majority commendably had the full kit and more! We had the occasional query but we stood firm.
    On one occasion a would be competitor had to return to their car to collect the missing map (from their bumbag) but had to ask for directions back to their car because the route to the registration had been so confusing!!!!!!!!!! Hmmmm!

I was surprised how many runners seemed to be carrying quite large rucksacks and I wondered if this was the result of the kit-check - they'd shoved their gear into whatever bag they could find in the car, in order to be allowed to start the race!
    Eleanor Knowles, Ambleside AC

I'm amazed at how many people turn up without the correct equipment. It is a medium A so the necessary kit is well known (or at least it should be) but not apparently in Durham from where the individual yelling at Ben hailed from. It isn't Rocket Science to remember to put the essential kit into the car or even keep the bum bag packed with all the right stuff.

indeed, it makes perfect sense when travelling to the lakes from the north east to bring full kit and full waterproof as well in the boot just in case its requested. bleeding lot of petrol not to race.
    cracking race and splendid organisation.

Master

Fairfield Horseshoe

Does anyway have a route map for this? I know it fairly well but will still need to carry a map and would prefer to have just one page rather than a full OS map in my bumbag. I suspect Lakes Runner had an appropriate map but I understand they have closed.

Ran the route on Saturday - chuffing fantastic. A group of 7 or 8 other runners finished not long after me and came into the Rydal tea room. None of you lot was it?

I was there on sat as well, well on the hill .. must have been your mudclaw imprints all the way round I spotted then

Pete Bland should have maps for sale at the event

I do this every year but it's already full . Typical as I have now worked out the best place to cross the wall. Oh well.