Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Anti Inflammatory Tablets

Re: Anti Inflammatory Tablets

Absolutely no offence taken, Zoot, so no need to apologise (but thanks anyway).
    If only one person reads this thread and is just a little more careful with NSAIDs as a result, we'll have done a good job between us.
    BTW, three months on, Eliza has made pretty much a full recovery. Ain't the human body a wonderful thing!
    "Get yourself together, Jones" - Ray Davies

Quote Originally Posted by Tussockface View Post
    Absolutely no offence taken, Zoot, so no need to apologise (but thanks anyway).
    If only one person reads this thread and is just a little more careful with NSAIDs as a result, we'll have done a good job between us.
    BTW, three months on, Eliza has made pretty much a full recovery. Ain't the human body a wonderful thing!
    it was that recent!? god, well I'm really glad she's recovered well, must've been scary.

My doctor strongly advised against Ibup as I have asthma. Not badly and it's under control, but he suggested diclofenac was a better alternative for me.

Quote Originally Posted by plasticsman View Post
    My doctor strongly advised against Ibup as I have asthma. Not badly and it's under control, but he suggested diclofenac was a better alternative for me.
    Are you sure he didn't suggest paracetamol? There's little to choose between the two drugs above, diclofenac is slightly more powerful (ie if it were to upset your asthma it would be worse than ibuprofen), they are both "NSAIDs". Note I said "if" above, they don't always aggravate asthma unless the asthmatic has aspirin/NSAID sensitivity, best not be alarmist.