Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: Vibram Fivefingers Anyone???

Re: Vibram Fivefingers Anyone?

Yes....my soles got a blister on them, so won't run barefoot on there again. Am going to a fizzio next week & am going to ask him about it too. He's a runner himself, so hopefully will have an insight into it. When I think about it, when I was at school, I always ran barefoot on sports day

I'm still managing a weekly 5 miles or so in VFF. Used to do a lot more in the summer; when we were travelling around France I very often had to run on roads and wore VFF for this. Great to see the puzzled looks from the French runners. Barefoot/natural/minimalism has not quite reached them yet, You can't buy VFF anywhere in France.

Banned

This article is a very good read if you have any doubts etc about ditching overly cushioned/stiff/inflexible shoes.
    HERE

Smile Re: Vibram Fivefingers Anyone?

You might like to read this thread on Barefoot Ted's forum

My feet get red hot on the treadmill

Take a look at the trick that helped me that you could see demonstrated on this video I made here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsNDKTRfOAc

you can also see how the foot should be landing here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3b3Ur..._order&list=UL

and also here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXbJ9..._order&list=UL

Quote Originally Posted by Inov-8 Insider View Post
    Be careful running on a treadmill barefoot.
    I use to do regular session on the treadmill with my training partner and once forgot my running shoes so decided to run the session barefoot.
    All was well until I got off and realised I had taken the skin off the bottom of my feet.:thunbdown:
    It was like running on a belt sander:w00t:

I was very sceptical of this whole bare foot running until I was recommended to at least have a look at it from a physio, I now see it as an important part of my training/fitness.
    [...]
    Barefoot Ken Bob is showing us what looks like a good barefoot running form here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIL07uYAW-Q

Hope this will help.

P.S. I have done way less mileage in VFF this year. I have done more mileage in Mizuno Wave UNiverse, huaraches sandals. I am now starting to test RunAmoc LITE and Inov-8 F-Lite 195. Though I'll be testing how far I can push the limit in snow with oversized VFF Treks (kangaroo leather) in the next couple of months (snow is back here in Crazy Canucks Land).

First link on feet getting red hot on the treadmill. Thinking about it, my 6ft, built like a brick s**thouse son had just got off it, after running for about 50 mins.

I've had such conflicting advice on the subject. I've only done it once & it felt natural to me. I'll have to save up for some VFF I guess

Quote Originally Posted by BionicBetty View Post
    First link on feet getting red hot on the treadmill. Thinking about it, my 6ft, built like a brick s**thouse son had just got off it, after running for about 50 mins.

I've had such conflicting advice on the subject. I've only done it once & it felt natural to me. I'll have to save up for some VFF I guess
    To be honest I barefooted on treadmill on a regular basis in winter when I was training for my 1st marathon. It took me a couple of months in order to be able to barefoot 5 km or so on the treadmill. I started with 10 minutes and built up pretty slowly. I don't know if it was my running form or the skin of my soles adaptating.

Now that I have nicknamed it the "Dreadmill" I am not on it oftenly. You might even have more opportunities to see the Crazy Canuck I am running in snow storm than on the "Dreadmill".