Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Thread: Vibram Fivefingers Anyone???

Re: Vibram Fivefingers Anyone?

Hi everyone,

I recently got hold of a pair of SoftStar Runamocs, which I love so I have 3 pairs of minimalist shoes for sale.

VibramFiveFingers KSO Brown size 41 - Very good condition

VibramFiveFingers Trek Black size 40 - These are the Kangaroo leather trail version which isn't available in the UK. Fantastic condition.

VivoBarefoot Evo's White/red size UK7 - Like new

Message me if you're interested or have any questions.

Thanks

Terry

All too small for me Terry. How are the softstar mocs?

Are you the Terry that did well in the last Malvern joggers race? Do you race in minimal shoes?

Quote Originally Posted by Twister View Post
    All too small for me Terry. How are the softstar mocs?

Are you the Terry that did well in the last Malvern joggers race? Do you race in minimal shoes?
    Yep, that's me :-)

Softstar Runamocs are great. Loads of toe room and enough protection without interfering too much with a natural running gait. I've been using them over the hills the past week and they've preformed very well. When it comes to racing, I wear racing flats ie X-Talons (off trail) F-lite 230 (trail) and some Asics Piranha (road), although I've started using F-lites for road running now (better flexibility). I use barefoot running and minimalist footwear for training but when it comes to racing I prefer a bit more protection. I've tried going "flat out" in my VFF's but it's near impossible not to accidentally land on a sharp pointy rock/stone and end up with bruising. For me bf/minimalist running is a great tool to use to improve technique etc. Since incorporating this approach, I've been getting faster and stronger and have not suffered any of my old injuries (shin splints, knee problems, hips). When I look back now, I can't believe I used to wear orthotics!

Life's great....run with it!

Yeah, I'm about where you are using barefoot/minimalism as a training and strengthening tool. I know what you mean about VFF, especially over the Malvern ridge.

haha, those aren't slippers, they're pretty good barefoot running shoes.. i love me vibram bikilas!

haha i love those shoes.. i saw them first here.. i really want the speeds but they are only in the UK i think: http://barefootrunningshoes.org/vibram-fivefingers/men/

Super Moderator

http://www.fitnessfootwear.com/c-204...e-fingers.aspx

Don't know if this is of interest to any bare-footers? Spotted on Mr Charters excellent blog
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Been a really interesting, if not long read this thread. Just thought I'd try running barefoot on the treadmill while I was at the gym, as my legs had really suffered since my last race. Been struggling with hip,shin, knee & ankle pain on & off since I started running in april. I only ran for 20 mins but I was amazed how different my gait was & I felt very comfy....well until the end when my soles felt on fire.

So...is anyone still running in their VFF?

Quote Originally Posted by BionicBetty View Post
    So...is anyone still running in their VFF?
    No, but I am running once each week in bare feet, just on flat grass at the mo'.

Pretty bloody cold on occasion I must say.

Still, makes me pick my feet up even more.
    The only one who can tell you "You can't" is you. And you don't have to listen.

Banned

Be careful running on a treadmill barefoot.
    I use to do regular session on the treadmill with my training partner and once forgot my running shoes so decided to run the session barefoot.
    All was well until I got off and realised I had taken the skin off the bottom of my feet.:thunbdown:
    It was like running on a belt sander:w00t:

I was very sceptical of this whole bare foot running until I was recommended to at least have a look at it from a physio, I now see it as an important part of my training/fitness.
    Im running a couple of times a week in EVOSKINS and if its wet and muddy I will do at least 1 run in BAREGRIP

BAREFOOT THREAD
    Last edited by Inov-8 Insider; 21-11-2010 at 01:18 PM.