Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Vibram Fivefingers Anyone???

Re: Vibram Fivefingers Anyone?

What WILL Danbert say when he sees these slippers?

Fox Avatar "Protected" by Hester Cox - Printmaker

He was a very good climber/descender
    Last edited by Fat-Lad; 15-01-2010 at 11:31 AM.

Hi Michael,
    My mistake - it was the uppers that I was concerned about after reading your review - I hate sewing!

I'm sure I read somewhere though a review from someone who was not sure that the thin soles would still protect their feet if they landed on a sharp rock.?

Having said that, I love the idea of barefoot running, and all of the reviews I've read praises the Five Fingers. Guess there's only one way to find out if they'll hold out on Snowdon...
    Run like hell and get the agony over with - Clarence DeMar

I'm def, def, thinking about these at the moment and here is why... Run very hilly + traily 10 miles yesterday (in roclite 310's) felt a bit sluggish at the start but chirped up at about 3 miles ran okay for rest. On the last stretch I decided to go barefoot - put my shoes in backpack (inov8 12 are absolutely brilliant at carrying a pair of shoes BTW!) and it was like someone had just screwed on a new pair of feet and legs - instant revival - I flew up the first hill, cruised along the flat then glidded up the next bit of hill before emerging out of the woods and back to civilisation all in all the best mile of the run! Now here's my point, I was caught out by a load of posh walkers who must have thought I was up to no good putting my shoes on at the bottom of the trail, no direct comments but you could tell that they were thinking - who's that barefooted freak. Well with a pair of ff's I'd be able to run barefoot, and look at least a little less like a freak. win win.

Oh and one more thing - these are cheeper, possibly better. http://www.feelmax.com/

Just read a good review on Barefoot ted's website. Check that out too.
    Anyone thinking this is not for me and I need at least 2 inches of cusioning for my feet, I would suggest you read what's probably the best running book ever written - "Born to Run" by Christopher Mcdougall. I've almost got through it and have just read the bit about modern running shoes and the rise of modern running injuries and it really makes you wonder that perhaps everything modern running shoe companies are telling us we need is a bit like a load of bullsh#t!

Just found this on t'net...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Muj5b8-0xPk

Pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Twister View Post
    Just found this on t'net...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Muj5b8-0xPk
    Could be quite handy on bad step at Langdale.

I'm seriously thinking about getting some as I've recently finished off a few of my runs barefoot.

The feeling is very liberating, I ran on a mix of trail, mud, grass and asphalt for about 2miles. All felt very natural and nowhere near as harsh and impactful as you would think. The only stuff that was painful is gravelly road tracks ouch!!

I've been trying to find a stockist of FiveFingers in the UK to try some on but its been a bit of a nightmare. I think I'm going to get some aquashoes http://www.barefootrunner.com/2009/0...teraqua-shoes/ to start off with and maybe spend the money on some VFF later.

david

Quote Originally Posted by sjedwardz View Post
    I've been trying to find a stockist of FiveFingers in the UK to try some on but its been a bit of a nightmare.
    I'm having the same problem. Does anyone know a real shop that actually stocks them, preferably in the Manchester/Lancashire area?