Thread: Irregular Heart Beat

two toenails

Irregular Heart Beat

Had a really good 10 miler last week (tarmac-sorry). Fine all week, no problems. Felt a bit crappy yesterday, pulse was all over the place, felt like it was sending morse code. Went to bed, hoping I would wake up in the morning, obviously I did. Felt okay but pulse still erratic and it still wouldn't register on my HRMonitor.
    Went for my veggies at the local farm, watched some kids from my school in a local race and returned home. HRMonitor on and hey presto, it registered 48 bpm. I'm usually between 40 and 48 normally. It's been fine for the rest of the day. Been out for a walk-jog, no problems. Any ideas?
    I do have a Low White Blood cell count. Fighting a virus?

Re: Irregular Heart Beat

Quote Originally Posted by two toenails View Post
    Had a really good 10 miler last week (tarmac-sorry). Fine all week, no problems. Felt a bit crappy yesterday, pulse was all over the place, felt like it was sending morse code. Went to bed, hoping I would wake up in the morning, obviously I did. Felt okay but pulse still erratic and it still wouldn't register on my HRMonitor.
    Went for my veggies at the local farm, watched some kids from my school in a local race and returned home. HRMonitor on and hey presto, it registered 48 bpm. I'm usually between 40 and 48 normally. It's been fine for the rest of the day. Been out for a walk-jog, no problems. Any ideas?
    I do have a Low White Blood cell count. Fighting a virus?
    Hi tt were you getting palpatations! High HR?

could be just that you are run down as per your foot note but you shouldn't mess with your heart. if it happens again get it checked out.

two toenails

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    Hi tt were you getting palpatations! High HR?

could be just that you are run down as per your foot note but you shouldn't mess with your heart. if it happens again get it checked out.
    Feel fine. Did the 3k in 12:07 and not pushing. Heart rate ave 131.
    Just went on the blip for some reason. Possibly fighting something off. My work mate did the Penni 10k last week and he felt crap at 7k, walked a bit, completed the race but felt really bad. Training is going well, I run walk to work 3 times a week (4.25 miles each way) but haven't been silly at all. In fact, the run walk seems to be helping me to achieve good times on the road. Thanks.

TT,
    If this happens again I would go to A+E and get it checked out. I would doubt that it's serious, but it needs investigating as it happens, when it's happening. That's when A+E comes in, one of the first things they should do is an ECG. Also, be aware that an irregular pulse doesn't always mean an irregular heart rate.
    If your heart rate's now back to normal an ECG won't show much, so there's probably little point in going to your GPs now, but if it should happen again get it checked.

Sometimes mine skips a beat or two, it'll be going eyeballs out as i'm ascending and i can feel it jumping out of my chest but then i'll feel it miss 1 or 2 beats then kick in again. Everybody's workings are different but don't let me put you off getting checked out, i'm only 29 so i just ignore it.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Could be a couple of things: atrial fib (irregular top half of the heart), sinus arrythmia (a normal irregularity) or PVC (occansional extra beats from the bottom half of the heart). No matter what it is go see the gp, they'll probably send you for a 24 hour tape (electrical recording of your heart rate which you wear). That way if it doesnt happen all the time they should still catch some of it on tape.

two toenails

Thanks for your replies. Much appreciated.
    I have to go to hospital on Tuesday for my 6 monthly blood test re Low White Blood Cell Count. I'll mention it to the consultant. Been for a walk in the Dales today. Everything ok.