Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: mental health losing the plot

Re: mental health losing the p

Quote Originally Posted by christopher leigh View Post
    Beeb if you don't mind. What were you studying?
    Um... not sciences. Don't want to be any more specific if you don't mind.

You should get yourself out on some recces!
    Theres plenty going on all the time, all over the place.

Everyone ive met so far from this forum has been so friendly and good to be around and ive made some good friend, the abilities wont be out of your league, and a recce isnt a race so you dont have to worry about getting left behind.

Sorry to hear your down, it'll come round!

Quote Originally Posted by beeb View Post
    Sorry, had a sense of humour failure earlier
    Had some wine now though.
    Fell ponies could be an option! I can move house somewhere comepletely new now...
    You can join the Fell Ponies from wherever your based, do what Al Fowler says and get out on some reccies and meet some good folk
    Hills and Guinness!

I managed to finish a HND level 5 in business management whilst going through probably the most turbulent time in my life (nowhere to live/people on my case/emotional gridlock) and I'm thick as an Accy brick. After putting in 4 years you must see it through - you can't lack the upstairs requirement, see it through, don't quit man, don't quit. See your tutor/mentor and get back to it.

disco stan

I agree with Ady, stick at it.
    I'm as thick as a brick too and i've spent all day feeding cables through a shitty loft, sweating my nads off.
    We all go through good times and bad times.
    I've had my fill of bad times, but doing the things i enjoyed blanked these things out.
    Get yourself out running with other people and take your mind off things for a bit.

I'm thick too, spent most of the day on my back in a dark hole, with an air chisel and the rest of it doing a pointless NVQ in lean manufacturing (aka bullshit that keeps some pillock who can talk but not work in a job)
    Pays the bills puts food on the table and some left over for getting away and running on the fells. Nobodies perfect and life never will be, but its got to be lived, so might as well enjoy it
    Hills and Guinness!

Hey Beeb, pain is inevitable but the suffering is optional! Manage your thinking better, remember thougts arent real, they're just thoughts and whatever else we lose we never lose our choices. Make a plan. Get on with it & create some momentum.

You are just at the Kirkfell stage of a Bob Graham, when it all feels pointless & too hard & too far to go & why did I think I could do this & blah blah blah....one foot in front of the other, keep moving, get to a different place physically & metaphorically and the world will look different.

Stay on it mate, if you have your innov8s, you can run, behave your way out of it & you'll be stronger for it. Loads of support on here & the hills have healing qualities (though they're doing for my knees today!)

Master

Quote Originally Posted by duncs View Post
    Hey Beeb, pain is inevitable but the suffering is optional! Manage your thinking better, remember thougts arent real, they're just thoughts and whatever else we lose we never lose our choices. Make a plan. Get on with it & create some momentum.

You are just at the Kirkfell stage of a Bob Graham, when it all feels pointless & too hard & too far to go & why did I think I could do this & blah blah blah....one foot in front of the other, keep moving, get to a different place physically & metaphorically and the world will look different.

Stay on it mate, if you have your innov8s, you can run, behave your way out of it & you'll be stronger for it. Loads of support on here & the hills have healing qualities (though they're doing for my knees today!)
    If thoughts aren't real how did you manage to type the above?

Master and MR

Beeb
    Ive been in that place and I honstly think i was at the lowest point imaginable.
    You will know when you get there , hopefully you wont.
    Most on here will give you that cmon pick yourself up, go for it, do this do that .
    BUT
    If your where you are and are suffering very bad depression that just wont work.
    I can tell you what worked for me and thats all

Know how you feel and hope you come through it
    Daz
    Antidepressants , If the turned you into a zombie you wasnt taking the correct ones.

Quote Originally Posted by christopher leigh View Post
    If thoughts aren't real how did you manage to type the above?
    Get a life!

Is that really an appropriate comment in this thread or are you just looking for an argument?
    Last edited by TheHeathens; 21-04-2009 at 11:43 AM.