Thread: Foot cramp

Super Moderator

Foot cramp

Does anyone else get cramp in their feet after a long run? I have very high arches and run on the outside of my feet and suspect this is behind the problem. I've got it now (it comes and goes, in waves and is in the instep) and it's very painful

Re: Foot cramp

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Does anyone else get cramp in their feet after a long run? I have very high arches and run on the outside of my feet and suspect this is behind the problem. I've got it now (it comes and goes, in waves and is in the instep) and it's very painful
    Sounds like not enuff SALT in the Chinese to me Ha Ha!!

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Steampig View Post
    Sounds like not enuff SALT in the Chinese to me Ha Ha!!
    lol. Beef and green pepper in blackbean sauce was full of SALT (and probably MSG) - if the cramping feet don't keep me awake the MSG probably will

disco stan

Pins and needles in my feet after a few miles

Yes DT, I get the foot cramps too. The fast guys don't seem to get it, so it could be something to do with the length of time we're out...
    Oddly, I too opted for an ancient Chinese remedy which involved, amongst many other things, beef and green pepper in blackbean sauce. As I've commented on here before, the only time I eat Chinese is after the 3 Peaks, when it becomes an insatiable craving. I steadily demolished a full banquet last night...
    "Get yourself together, Jones" - Ray Davies

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Tussockface View Post
    Yes DT, I get the foot cramps too. The fast guys don't seem to get it, so it could be something to do with the length of time we're out...
    Oddly, I too opted for an ancient Chinese remedy which involved, amongst many other things, beef and green pepper in blackbean sauce. As I've commented on here before, the only time I eat Chinese is after the 3 Peaks, when it becomes an insatiable craving. I steadily demolished a full banquet last night...
    glad it's not just me. Cold leftover mushroom fried rice for breakfast seems to have seen it off now

Got cramp in my left foot just now!

I get these, usually when I'm in bed the night after a long run/race. It's a sharp spasm in the arch.
    I'm usually pretty careful to re-hydrate afterwards, I don't think that's the cause - I wondered if it was running on the rough stuff for long periods that caused it as I don't seem to get it after trotting along smooth tracks/roads.

Lack of magnesium.