Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PF The return

PF The return

With the good weather we are having at the moment i have not been able to resist trying a sneaky 40 mins or so run every other day,coupled with the pain killers i have been managing ok.
    That is until today , i went off road through the woods and stood on a tree root ,oh the pain the pain ,a hot knife through butter .
    It felt as though i had torn the tendon of the heel bone.
    It is the first time ever i have had to walk home from a run.
    Not good.
    She! thinks i should throw the towel in . Disc trouble .two knee operations ,tight hamstrings,and now the dreaded return of PF.
    I know what She! is thinking "I wouldnt care if you were any good,but all this pain and effort for nothing" mind you i am thinking she has a point.

Re: PF The return

Chin up and keep thinking posative....sort of need to practice what i preach.

Ive been feeling abit shite today after hearing and seeing all the photos from the last few weeks and i cant even walk up the stairs without pain....drives you mad and really gets to you.

Don't give up. I can't offer any advice, reason or comfort. Just don't.

It might take weeks, months, or years, but if you were bloody minded enough to run on the fells in the first place, you'll be back. For now: commiserations.
    "Get yourself together, Jones" - Ray Davies

Keep at it mate.

After our conversation 27 days ago, I think I am 99% over mine. I have been running just 15 mins a day for a week now and plan to do so for another couple of weeks before slowly building up again: Little and often!

Perhaps your 40 mins is a bit excessive at the moment
    Frequent but moderate workouts on a consistent basis are the key to success

Quote Originally Posted by Trog View Post
    Keep at it mate.

After our conversation 27 days ago, I think I am 99% over mine. I have been running just 15 mins a day for a week now and plan to do so for another couple of weeks before slowly building up again: Little and often!

Perhaps your 40 mins is a bit excessive at the moment
    Good point.

The physio suggested to me....run for 2 minutes....walk for 2 minutes (for 20 minutes)

Hang on in there mate.........I've been down & almost out over the last few months, but with caution i'm back running again, slowly, but running

I know its not the same but are you getting any walks in? they help, keeping everything workng.

Good Luck

Ken

Smile Re: PF The return

Quote Originally Posted by Nee Bother View Post
    Hang on in there mate.........I've been down & almost out over the last few months, but with caution i'm back running again, slowly, but running

I know its not the same but are you getting any walks in? they help, keeping everything workng.

Good Luck

Ken
    Its trying to get closer to you Nee Bother that has got me into this condition !!
    Many thanks for the support from you all.
    You have possibly nailed it Trog ,to much to soon

Lola

Ten months in and I think its beaten; now I just need to deal with the residue tendonitis from all the heal 'squidgy' inserts. Be methodical, get the cushioning, get the stretching in EVERY few hours, maybe get some massage and do nothing that makes it worse - I even had to stop tumble turning in the pool because pushing off aggrevated it (you look a real biff turning without touching the pool end). You can't run though it so get a system going and beat it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lola View Post
    Ten months in and I think its beaten; now I just need to deal with the residue tendonitis from all the heal 'squidgy' inserts. Be methodical, get the cushioning, get the stretching in EVERY few hours, maybe get some massage and do nothing that makes it worse - I even had to stop tumble turning in the pool because pushing off aggrevated it (you look a real biff turning without touching the pool end). You can't run though it so get a system going and beat it.
    More or less cushioning ?
    Some go down the stiffer sole route some go down the cushioning route.

A note of reassurance to the PF sufferers, it will go away, honest. Had it twice, took 6-9 months on both occasions, just keep going with all the things that help it get better, stretching and frictions were my best modalities and inserts, properly measured ones and just avoid the things that set it off, esp running I'm afraid. Good luck