Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: dick hudsons fell race

Re: dick hudsons fell race

Quote Originally Posted by RachFR View Post
    Possibly, depends how wet and miserable I get on the way home from work.... also this free route choice thing sounds dangerous, I'll have to choose who to follow wisely
    Just don't necessarily follow an Ilkley Harrier vest from the start - I did the only year I ran it and he had us scrambling up the steepest part of the crags above Rocky Valley whereas much slower runners (including Daleside - though she'd be much faster than me these days!) picked up the main paths and up the steps and appeared ahead of us.

It'll be fun to watch the different route choices. I hope Tom Adams is doing it on "home soil" !

Not going to make it tonight. Feeling a bit knackered so sitting this one out.
    @Hill_Runner on twitter

Another victory for Tom Adams by about 3 mins. James Hall 2nd. I then got very wet & left !

Hard work and a bit slower than last year even though I am loads fitter. Got wet, muddy and cold but still had fun.

A very wet Ilkley Moor tonight made it a real test. I tried a couple of routes on my own and they both seemed to save a bit of time, though still don't know if anyone knows an 'optimum' route. Tom wasn't that far ahead of James at the turnaround so must have used his 'local' knowledge to gain time at the end, though he claimed not to know the route that well. Lucy Needham was leading the women's race by a fair bit at the turnaround though I didn't see whether sshe maintained that to the end.
    Thanks to the marshals for standing around in pretty miserable conditions.

What time was this run? I went for a run up on Ilkley Moor last night (Silsden end over past twelve apostles) and only saw one other runner. I was up there about 7.30. It was a bit wet and misty, mind.

Quote Originally Posted by redeaston View Post
    Hard work and a bit slower than last year even though I am loads fitter. Got wet, muddy and cold but still had fun.

Good fun despite the very wet and windy conditions. Enjoyed running with redeaston and a couple of Wharfedale lads. Found going tough coming back from Dick Hudsons and got grit in my eye which made visuals difficult getting down from White Wells. 60-70 runners I think.

PB, 7.30ish it started from the tarn.

Quote Originally Posted by plodding bear View Post
    What time was this run? I went for a run up on Ilkley Moor last night (Silsden end over past twelve apostles) and only saw one other runner. I was up there about 7.30. It was a bit wet and misty, mind.

aah, I proabably just missed seeing you all, then. In a stange way I like running in conditions like that - wet and misty, but not too windy. It suits the moors, somehow.