Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: UTMB/CCC medical certificates

Re: UTMB/CCC medical certifica

Quote Originally Posted by Feet in the Cowclaps View Post
    Lots of unfortunate stereotypes in here as well, but medical form-signing is not "big industry". I get my annual certificate for running races here when I go in for something else. The doctor doesn't charge you for the medical certificate as well. It costs €22 for a consultation, €15 of which is refunded by the state and the other €7 you get back if you have private medical insurance.

Rather than pay £100 to a British GP, it would probably be cheaper to jump on an Easyjet flight to Paris, get an appointment with a GP of your own choice and get the certificate. In fact with E111 or whatever it's now called, if you can think up some ailment that you'd need something prescribing for while you're there, you'd probably have nothing to pay.
    Hmm. I happen to be going to France next Friday! What sort of doctor would I be looking for to do this? What's the word for the annual certificate? Will the doctor also sign off on my CCC form in that case?

Feet in the Cowclaps

I'll PM you

Quote Originally Posted by CribGoch View Post
    I wrote my own last year for a race in Italy. Signed it Dr Findlay.
    Want to do mine?? I promise my family won't sue you if I drop dead from the race...

Just looked at the cost of changing my trip home from France to allow time for a doctor visit--30 euros, not bad.

But I am also going to the US the week after that, so out of interest I got a quote there as well--surprisingly, it's only going to be less than $70 ($70 was the official rate but the clinic said that if I explained on the day that I didn't have insurance then they could reduce it).

So with the cost of changing the trip home from France plus the doctor's visit, I guess the US works out a bit cheaper! I guess I'll go with that unless I can persuade a friendly GP in the UK to give me a cheap visit...

or if you have any doctor friends who would sign it for you

I'm sure Dr Findlay would.
    Eight Eccentrics of Yangzhou

Quote Originally Posted by saz View Post
    or if you have any doctor friends who would sign it for you
    I'm thinking this is the way forward if I can think of any...

I think I'll sign my own, seems a pain and an expense, ours charged £25 or so last time but gave me a lecture on drinking too much and weighing too much. I'm also a Dr so it's hardly a lie to say I deem my self in good health according to my qualifications (in lobster health....). Do they stipulate medical Dr? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    I think I'll sign my own, seems a pain and an expense, ours charged £25 or so last time but gave me a lecture on drinking too much and weighing too much. I'm also a Dr so it's hardly a lie to say I deem my self in good health according to my qualifications (in lobster health....). Do they stipulate medical Dr? :-)
    I'm also a non-medical Dr and thought about that but the form asks for a stamp or professional number--I suppose a string of made-up numbers maybe??

This will be my third entry in the UTMB, each time my doctor has signed for free, Im anemic so the Doctor always prefers for me to have a recent blood count. You can tell if your medical certificate has been received by checking your profile on the website, Click on the event, then click on to consult registrations, Put in your surname.click on the magnifying glass then enter the number they sent you after you enrolled plus your dob then your details should come up and it will say if medical certificate received.
    Good luck