Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good running club, NW?

Re: Good running club, NW?

Quote Originally Posted by detritus21 View Post
    As someone who runs for Wigan Phoenix I'd say join Skem boundary harriers if you want a club that does train on hilly terrain and also to some extent the fells and also some members do race over the fells.

From experience it can be a bugger getting from Liverpool to anywhere at rush hour can be a nightmare. It used to take me about an hour to get from Wigan to Liverpool and from st helens could take 45 minutes at rush hour. You would have a similar job to get to Astley the travel time is the killer when you put all the traffic into place particularly along the Lancs. The other way which has been mentioned would be to train with a road/track orientated club and join the likes of Horwich or Bowland for the fells. There are a good number of clubs in the liverpool some good some not so. There are clubs like Liverpool Harriers, Liverpool road runners, Penny Lane Striders, southport and waterloo, Wirral.

From experience I'd say its easier to train with a local club particularly if only just really starting out. Some of us are miserable though and train by ourselves like me.
    the problem i have is some of the clubls run on tues and thur the two days of the week i cant make, i did go to bowland on weds and really enjoyed it, took me about 45mins as i went from ormskirk. However I wont be running anywhere for a while because iv strained my ankle on winter hill!!

Re: Good running club, NW?

If you run on the sandstone trail, then Tattenhall runners could be for you. We have a strong fellrunning section as well as plenty of road runners. We have members who live on the wirral as well as north wales - it's far more than a village club.

We've got a few bob graham'ers in there as well as those new to the sport - and everything in between.

PM me ifyou want to know more - we're based right amongst the Peckforton Hill on the Sandstone trail. Good luck finding the club that is right for you

ST