Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Burbage Skyline

Re: Burbage skyline Tue 13th M

No results up yet but photos from last night are in

http://www.dpfr.org.uk/album/2008/Burbage/index.php
    Grit Britain Team

Poor excuse Ginge, you cant pull the wool over my eyes I was the only one from us lot that turned up in the end - not even DK slip of a lad.

Having music to run to in races is getting common place these days what with the flute trio during the trunce and the woodon music box thing up by Mother Cap rocks last night! I wonder what ensemble will treat us at Lost Lad in a couple of weeks time

Thanks for all the kind words and compliments.

Please be patient for the results - I've got 270+ runners details to put into Excel, and very little time to do it as I'm off to The Lakes for the Keswick Mountain Festival Triathlon.
    Its better to have fought and lost, than not have fought at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth of The Dark Side View Post
    Thanks for all the kind words and compliments.

Please be patient for the results - I've got 270+ runners details to put into Excel, and very little time to do it as I'm off to The Lakes for the Keswick Mountain Festival Triathlon.
    Spare your fellow competitors the sight of your leopard skin tri cozzie.

Quote Originally Posted by piglet View Post
    Poor excuse Ginge, you cant pull the wool over my eyes I was the only one from us lot that turned up in the end - not even DK slip of a lad.

Having music to run to in races is getting common place these days what with the flute trio during the trunce and the woodon music box thing up by Mother Cap rocks last night! I wonder what ensemble will treat us at Lost Lad in a couple of weeks time
    Poor excuse eh? What about "in sickness and in health". Thought I'd bagged loadsa credits after her Fred Whitton last w/e but oh no - she has to go and pick a fight with a p****ed off sheep. Put a race report up ont' website Piggy. Glad I won't be sweating round W'boro this evening - Famine for me on Satdae.... see you there....maybe.....baaaaaa

Piggy
    No mount famine - eyam half on Sunday for me

Really enjoyed this race - despite suddenly finding myself with about 100 runners in front of me at the start. Eventually managed to get Fat-Boy Noel in my sights, though!

I think Darth was a bit disappointed though. After handing out prize after prize to Dark Peak members, when some mug from Pennine managed to get 3rd vet. he said "How the hell did that happen?"

Well done Darth - thanks for another great race!

By the way, why didn't Phil take the trophy home with him? Was he too embarrassed to have such a work of art on his mantlepiece?

He's moving house soon, and slimming down on both the number of bikes hes got and his soft rock cd collection
    Don't think mrs winskill particularly likes the wooly hat anyway....

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffB View Post
    Eventually managed to get Fat-Boy Noel in my sights, though!
    I think if this race had been two weeks earlier (i.e., just after you'd run the Three Peaks) I may have had a chance to beat you.

Once again, I really enjoyed this race. Cheers Darth.

Thumbs up Re: Burbage skyline Tue 13th M

I was pleased in a way that someone 'gatecrashed' the DPFR prize party - hence the reason I dont bother with team prizes. I was surprised that more from Pennine and at least one from Glossopdale didn't pop over - I really am bad with names, but it seems ages since I've run against 'bar code', 'the artist' & 'the jolly Geordie' from over the west side, and as for Mr Howie's no show, that defies belief.

My kids are gutted that Numby didn't take the trophy after carefully selecting it for him in Egypt 4 years ago. Shame he's leaving, he's been good company in the years I've known him.

Just working on the results now......
    Its better to have fought and lost, than not have fought at all.