Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Burbage Skyline

Re: Burbage skyline Tue 13th M

What was the attendance like last year? Sounds like a popular evening run...

Quote Originally Posted by jodg View Post
    What was the attendance like last year? Sounds like a popular evening run...
    207 runners last year 2007 Results

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    207 runners last year 2007 Results
    Ta Ian, you ARE the man! I can always rely on you!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth of The Dark Side View Post
    The race is all on paths, any non-obvious turns are Marshalled. We have EMR dotted around the course & St John in the Car Park just in case. Please remember that Registration closes at 7.15 pm to give eveyone ample time to jog to the start. Mr Winskill used his local knowledge for the alternative stream crossing spot. I used to call the race the 'No PINs Burbage Skyline' but some idiots either can't read or have a strange sense of humour & kept asking for pins, so I'll bring some on my old rusty nappy pins just in case.
    Look forward to seeing you all - we've had damp misty evenings for the race before now, lets hope this year isn't one of them.
    Are they YOUR old nappy pins Darth????

Just back in from the race, had a fantastic time. Lots of jostling at the start (the biggest turn out yet apparently) and then off flat out for the duration. Good route, the last 2 miles or so favouring anyone who's got some speed left in their legs.

Well organised, hats off to Dark Peak for this one. Met several forumites too (inc. Marvin, not his real name, & Loxley Lad) so it was quite a "social".

First time for me and I loved it despite my fall and a few grazed bits. St John Ambulance fixed them or me, and I wasn't the only one having various wounds hosed down to get out the grit. It's really rough running apart from on the track, but great fun. The stupid thing is that I fell on one of the easy bits, but at least it didn't lose me more than a few seconds.

Despite running the Tigger Tor a few times, I still haven't got my head round the geography of this area. I think it's because of all the twists and turns in the route, and the fact that when you're racing the top of one tor is much like another.

Another of those races that I want to go back to...... well most races are like that!

Yes good to meet up with you again jodg, and I understand that isn't your real name either.

Hope the war wounds heal soon Marvin. And i still LOVE that avatar!

Great race this no roads, no gates, no stiles, just rocks and running, fast and runnable and the 'plummet' off Higgar Tor is a great fast decent. Thanks to Dark Side and the many marshals for putting it on. Marvin, I thought I saw you last night, do you run for Pennine now?
    Grit Britain Team

Superb event, took me a while to settle into the running. Probably a bit highly strung from driving over in traffic and eating too close to the start. Apologies anyone behind me...

Have you a beard jodg? I think we chatted a bit in the last mile or so of Kinder last month. Well, you chatted, I panted a bit actually.

Well done Dark Park! Faultless event. And those kids on the top of Higger deserve a bonus for the banter attack.

Gutted that I couldn't do this which is a regular in my diary. Arrived home last night from work to discover that 'er Outdoors whilst out for a run mid afternoon with the dogs had been run over by a sheep! I kid ewe not.

Did Phil Howieskill win?