Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Burbage Skyline

Quote Originally Posted by Racing Snake View Post
    A link to the results can be found here.

https://m.facebook.com/PeakDistrictF...?ref=bookmarks
    I had a smile on my face for days...

Just done a recce of the new route this morning. Gone is the crazy start through heather, bracken and hidden gritstone boulders!

The new route sets off up the Burbage Valley on the main path and then bears up eastwards to the edge. It then continues in an anti clockwise direction taking in Higgar Tor and Carl Wark before a fast descent, over unusually un-boggy ground, back into the valley and the finish.

Back at my car my heart rate had just got back to normal when a very attractive lady, wearing black fishnet stockings and a short red skirt, cycled past on a vintage sit up and beg bike. Nice
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

How many gears did the bike have?

That route doesn't sound as interesting as the original one though a nice run nevertheless.
    Cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run

Perfect conditions for this evenings Burbage Skyline on the new route. 285 runners set of up the Burbage Valley, most of them including me, far too fast in order not to get held up when we left the bridleway on the single track up to the edge. Most of the course was dry and all of it runnable. After Higgar Tor and Carl Wark there were a couple of bogs, which following some rain over the last few days claimed a few victims.

The race was a bit short and fast for me but I managed 61st O/A and 1st M60. The midges were ravenous at the finish so it was a quick change at Longshaw and into the Foxhouse where a very good Black Sheep 3.8% slid down nicely. My prize was a very nice mug, produced for DPFR for the occasion, and as is usual with DPFR events the organisation was spot on, even though a large bull and his ladies threatened to put a spanner in the works!

Llani i keep seeing you pick up the v60 prizes....., well done!

Would be interesting to see how you fared in a champs race in the v60 category.... perhaps sneaking a podium place on a race that suited your abilities.... the Bradwell race in August is a champs race and just down the lane from you!

I'm miles off a podium place Travs!

I missed the M60 category boat by being intermittently either injured or ill just after I turned 60. I then started to get back on it 2019 and then lockdown came along. I'm 64 in a couple of months and new younger folk are moving up all the time.
    I've done a few Welsh Champs/North Wales Champs races this year and finished either 2nd or 3rd, behind your pal Paul Jeggo!
    Moel Hebog on Saturday and Foel Fras the week after, which I believe is being lined up as a British Champs race next year.
    I've been concentrating on Welsh races this year but might give the English Champs a go when I reach the next category, if I live that long!

As for Bradwell, I've got a race on the night before so will either be spectating or offer my services to the organisers for a spot of marshalling. Might see you there!

Mr Jeggo was 5th v60 at the previous champs race..., 5-10mins off podium place on what was a 2hr+ race.

Would be a little closer on a short like Bradwell no doubt.