Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What to eat - when to eat

What to eat - when to eat

I'm just playing with food again at the minute in the hope of loosing my after op recovery weight... anyhow last year I hit on a plan of eating to fuel that worked quite well... but this year I want to take it a bit further

This week I've started a habbit which means I eat a good breakfast and a large lunch (sort of like tea at lunchtime) and then what I want to do is divide the rest of my intake into a post run/training snack about 4pm (usually run/train around 6pm) and then a smaller snack after run/training at about 8/9ish

Hopefully this will work better than eating nothing after lunch untill I get back from run/training - that's late night faffing about cooking and going to bed overly full

Anyhow - ramble over!!

Any of you got any good idea's for a decent snack?
    Wants to see the Old Fella again SOON!

Re: What to eat - when to eat

I'm interested in your approach Egglet, I am always trying to work out the best timing for calorie intake, especially when trying to lose the pounds. I too usually end up eating late at night.

Do you work mon-fri normal hours? I find I don't really want to eat my main meal of the day at work.

I think a fab pre-training snack is chopped fruit / dried fruit with yoghurt and a sprinkle of muesli or nuts/seeds. Good balance of protein and carbs with plenty of vitamins and good fats. Enjoy!

JLS
    I only run so I can eat cake Oh...and drink cider

At work I keep Walnuts and dried apricots on my desk to snack, to stop me from eating rubbish.

As for a pre run snack, oats so simple golden syrup with chopped apricots.

david

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
    As for a pre run snack, oats so simple golden syrup with chopped apricots.
    I don't know how you can cope with pre run snacks. I need about 4 hours between eating anything and running or I just feel sick.

Quote Originally Posted by david View Post
    I don't know how you can cope with pre run snacks. I need about 4 hours between eating anything and running or I just feel sick.
    I can eat cereal upto 1.5 hours before, probably cause my running pace isn't a great deal faster than most peoples walking pace on here

lose pounds i am struggling to keep weight on of late! 61kg a lose of 4kg whilst on holiday, not good.

I eat when i am hungry, can normally take food on no less than an hour before a run. found on long runs it's often a good idea to have a few snacks with me to maintain some sort of calorie intake!
    penguins happy feet :w00t:

eat anything and lots of it,all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeter View Post
    eat anything and lots of it,all the time
    does that mean you are round around the middle these days?
    penguins happy feet :w00t:

Thanks for the replies

Well I'm still cultivating the right things when! Have played about a bit and the snack idea seems to work well

My job is desk based and it's acceptable here to eat when you like - no strict rules about only a breaktimes so that makes it easier

Definatley find that on a hard training week I need more food though... that's frustrating as unlike Penguine I am trying to get some off and not on!

Thanks for the idea's of what you snack on
    I must say I cant eat 2-3 hours before unless it's a banana or sweets but the 4pm snack is working - off rd training starts at 7pm so it's just right to let that settle..
    Wants to see the Old Fella again SOON!

Egglet, I have just lost 1 stone in 5 weeks. I eat as much as I want, when I want. I have completely lost the desire to snack. I eat fab tasty food and get blotto on wine on a regular basis. Want to know more? Check out the 'Wine and Food Lovers Diet'. It really works!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth